Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 1000 printer  (Read 1429 times)

JimPalik

Canon Pro 1000 printer
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:52:40 pm »

I would like to hear from anyone that has experience with the Canon Pro 1000. All the reviews I have read give it high marks. I currently have an Epson 3880. I am happy with the print quality of the 3880 but I have two unique problems. I print photographic art greeting cards, 4-up on B3+ paper.

1. The 3880 does not register each sheet perfectly. It is OK for individual prints but if I print 10 or 20 sheets at a time they will all vary by either a minor skew or miss-register by a millimeter or two. This makes it impossible to take a stack of prints to a large paper cutter and group cut them. Each B3+ must be cut by hand. I have the same problem with folding.

Can anyone tell me if the Canon vacuum feed registers multiple prints accurately?

2. I score every print for folding. The ink on the 3880 sometimes cracks after scoring when folding the print. Does anyone have experience scoring a printed image and then folding it?

Any other feedback would be appreciated. Especially if anyone has switched to the Canon pro 1000 from the Epson 3880.

Thank you in advance,

Jim Palik

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:01:41 pm by JimPalik »

Remko

Re: Canon Pro 1000 printer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:05:12 am »

Hi Jim,

I would suggest to post your question in the Printing forum. That is a very active forum and the changes are much higher you get an answer to these specific questions.

cheers,
Remko
Pages: [1]   Go Up