Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Nikon D850: Announcement of an Announcement of Development

(1/116) > >>

Michael Erlewine:
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/announcement-d850-dslr.page

After all this time, all of this waiting and expectation, what do we get? We get an announcement announcing the development of the Nikon D850, with no details.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/about-nikon/press-room/press-release/j47iarx5/Development-Of-Digital-SLR-Camera-Nikon-D850.html

Personally, I am disappointed once again. We don't even get a timeline, price, or details, just the news that the D850 is the successor to the D810. Well, duh, we knew that, just not what the name would be! Talk about a "Nothing-Burger."

I am looking to see if the Sony A9R (when it arrives) will be what we are looking for, but I have to say, this Nikon announcement was one more little shock from a company I used to depend upon.

Hopefully more details will be forthcoming.

lhodaniel:
Yep. Nikon is looking very lame on this. It's kinda like NASA holding a press conference to say they are working on Warp Drive. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll make 101 or 102.

Lloyd

BernardLanguillier:
Last time they did this it took about 4 months to get cameras in the hands of photographers.

Other brands announce and ship cameras 5 months later... ;)

Both are just as lame.

We all knew it was coming, we all knew Nikon had to say something today. They did in accordance to their own annoucement ethics. Like it or not.

What will matter in the end is whether they pull a 6DII on us or deliver a camera with actual value. Today nobody knows.

Cheers,
Bernard

hogloff:

--- Quote from: BernardLanguillier on July 25, 2017, 02:02:53 am ---Last time they did this it took about 4 months to get cameras in the hands of photographers.

Other brands announce and ship cameras 5 months later... ;)

Both are just as lame.

We all knew it was coming, we all knew Nikon had to say something today. They did in accordance to their own annoucement ethics. Like it or not.

What will matter in the end is whether they pull a 6DII on us or deliver a camera with actual value. Today nobody knows.

Cheers,
Bernard

--- End quote ---

The big difference is at least we know the specs of the camera for those 5 months and can make purchase decisions if the specs don't meet the requirements.

kers:
As i understand it will be the second and last camera this year...
so no mirrorless... that in itself is disappointing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version