Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint for Canon  (Read 1437 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
ImagePrint for Canon
« on: July 22, 2017, 08:47:55 pm »

I was waiting for approval to purchase an epson p8000 to complement my 3880. I use imageprint and thought sticking with epson so I would use the same software and more consistent prints was valuable enough to forgo some of the canon advantages. But while the approval seems still stuck in pergatory I got the announcement of canon pro4000 support in imageprint. I'm very interested in some of the canons features for low volume printing (nozzle substitution, replaceable head, ink agitation). I was curious if anyone had any experience, data, or even made up answers to how consistent I could expect imageprint to be across a 3880 and a pro4000?

Separately, does anyone know how the built in calibration in the new canon pro series works with imageprint? Do I have to choose whether to use the printer generated calibration or the imageprint provided profile or does the printer generated calibration just get printer back to spec and I would use the imageprint paper specific profiles on top of that?

Thanks, Ryan

Stngoldberg

Re: ImagePrint for Canon
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:05:12 pm »

Call Imageprint for this information.
They have outstanding customer service
Stanley

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: ImagePrint for Canon
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »

Response from ImagePrint for the curious:

All printer we support use our own CMM and Profiling software. We have made dozens of prints comparing the output to Epson printers and the overall look of the image if very similar. You would see about the same amount of difference with your 3880 and a new P8000 printer.

The Canon printer calibration (baseline linearization, BL) is stored in the printer and used always, even by ImagePrint. The only time the BL in the printer is not used is if it differs from the one used by the Canon driver, then the driver will overwrite the printer. If both match or the driver doesn’t have one then the printers is used. You have to go through a lot steps in order to get a BL into the driver so it most cases the driver will not contain one. I am just giving you the full technical explanation of how it works. You can do a BL for 7 media types in the printer however only 4 are actually unique.

What most people want to know is what to do with a 3rd party paper. Each paper we profile has a Canon Media Type assigned to it. If you wanted to do a BL on a third party paper you would put that paper into the printer and select the media type we assigned to it and perform the BL and now you would have a linearization for that paper stored in the printer for that media type. Since you only have 4 unique media types you can do a BL for, if you use a lot of different papers you will just have to repeat that function when you print on a different paper that uses the same media type.
Pages: [1]   Go Up