Author Topic: Ick  (Read 562 times)

BobDavid

Ick
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »

not pretty

Farmer

Re: Ick
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:03:42 pm »

I like the image - the fence wire and the electrical matrix playing together, along with the incongruous colour of the ad hoc patching and the dilapidated state generally of the fence/gate but the structure within still appears precise and complete.

It's interesting that there appears to be very minimal fencing / protection of the site, though, unless you're already inside some perimeter?  Such stations here are behind much sturdier (solid steel) bar fencing, with anti-climb design and razor wire on top to discourage anyone from investigating.
Phil Brown

BobDavid

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:27 pm »

This is set back from the street maybe 20 feet. There's a gravel driveway leading right up to the gates. ... Did you notice the graffiti fallout shelter sign painted on the left gate?

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 12:54:10 am »

Yes - I saw that and it's cool having it there.  I honestly didn't associate it with being graffiti and just thought it was slightly odd/out of place, but interesting!
Phil Brown

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:15:45 am »

Interesting shot, Bob. That sign says something about "substation" and it's a radiation warning sign. This isn't a nuke by any chance is it?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

BobDavid

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »

Interesting shot, Bob. That sign says something about "substation" and it's a radiation warning sign. This isn't a nuke by any chance is it?

Not a nuke. Somebody posted the fallout sign over the original sign. It appears the utility company then painted over the fallout sign--probably just with primer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up