Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OnOne Resize or LR to up res for printing?  (Read 904 times)

tonysiciliano1

• Tony Siciliano Photography
OnOne Resize or LR to up res for printing?
« on: July 22, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »

I have OnOne Resize latest version, that I have never used (free upgrade for Genuine Fractals owners) and want to up res a few RAW photos that were captured on my Canon 5d Mark II (21 megapixels), for making some 16x24 prints on my Epson 3880 printer. Is OnOne Resize likely to do a significantly better up res job than LR (latest version)? Just doing the whole thing in LR would be so much easier!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: OnOne Resize or LR to up res for printing?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:23:42 pm »

I have OnOne Resize latest version, that I have never used (free upgrade for Genuine Fractals owners) and want to up res a few RAW photos that were captured on my Canon 5d Mark II (21 megapixels), for making some 16x24 prints on my Epson 3880 printer. Is OnOne Resize likely to do a significantly better up res job than LR (latest version)? Just doing the whole thing in LR would be so much easier!

Hi,

The amount of required upsampling to 720 PPI is rather modest (308%), so it depends a lot on the actual image whether significant improvement can be seen. Perfect Resize does offer some benefits, mostly on sharp edge detail that will be upsampled at higher resolution, followed by more flexible output sharpening. It also offers canvas edge wrapping features in case you choose that type of output medium.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

BradSmith

Re: OnOne Resize or LR to up res for printing?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »

Is OnOne Resize likely to do a significantly better up res job than LR (latest version)?

No.  I doubt you will see ANY difference unless you over sharpen or under sharpen one of them.   And by the way, since you own the software, why not test it and see with your own eyes?
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up