Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google trains AI to do landscape photography  (Read 1202 times)

dreed

Peter McLennan

Re: Google trains AI to do landscape photography
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »

Awesome!  We're all obsolete.  "f8 and think there" :)

For more on the topic of AI and what happens when you decouple intelligence from consciousness, try this book by Yuval Harari.

https://www.amazon.com/Homo-Deus-Brief-History-Tomorrow/dp/0062464310/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500674507&sr=8-1&keywords=homo+deus+a+brief+history+of+tomorrow

degrub

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:29:06 am »

"Over the past century humankind has managed to do the impossible and rein in famine, plague, and war"

Sorry, but i believe this is blatant speculation by the author. We are in a mere "pause" if anything waiting for the next expansion or resource conflict. Selection processes among and within species are always at work.

Frank.

Telecaster

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:51:55 pm »

Sorry, but i believe this is blatant speculation by the author.

I'd characterize it as perspective limitation rather than speculation. In the short term we have managed to reduce, if maybe not "rein in," our aggressiveness and its consequences. To a degree anyway. Will this continue in the longer term? People may conjecture or guess or believe various things but no-one knows. What the future almost surely won't be is more of the present, which is in part another way of saying "selection processes…are always at work."  :)

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:42 am »

I think the artificial intelligence photographic robots are already loose amongst us and growing their public. Soon, the galleries will follow.

Rob

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 11:16:57 am »

"Over the past century humankind has managed to do the impossible and rein in famine, plague, and war"

Sorry, but i believe this is blatant speculation by the author. We are in a mere "pause" if anything waiting for the next expansion or resource conflict. Selection processes among and within species are always at work.

Frank.

Some take-aways from the book.

More people die from each year from eating too much rather than from eating too little.
More people die from old age than from infectious diseases.
More people die each year from suicide than from crime, terrorism and war combined.

Telecaster

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

TBH a lot of the landscape photography I come across might as well have been made by AIs. (IMO, of course.) Maybe photorobo 'scapers will free us all up to be more artistic in our approaches.  ;D

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up