Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with printer settings  (Read 3180 times)

jaker

• James Kerr
    • http://www.jameskerr.co.uk
Help with printer settings
« on: August 24, 2006, 04:43:28 am »

Hi

I have just bought an Epson 4800 for printing fine art images for sale.

I am experimenting with a variety of fine art papers to discover which one I like -probably Somerset Enhances satin of velvet.

I am using installed epson profiles at the moment, what does MK or PK stand for after a profile name printer profile settings and which is the best profile for these papers?

Also when selecting Media type ,velvet, textures and ultrasmooth fine art are greyed out ,how can i select them?

Any help on print settings for these type papers would be appreciated

jaker

My Webpage
JAKER

capecodfish

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:59:12 am »

i use the 2400, but i can start answering some of your questions...
first MK+PK stand for matte black ink and photo black ink so you need to use the profile which matches the black ink type you currently have installed, which should in turn be the correct choice for you paper, ie MK for matte papers and PK for glossy photo papers.  check the manual for how to tell the printer whick black you have installed, usually in the printer setup software.  and media type choices are greyed out when the printer isn't set up correctly for them (manual feed, sheet feed, front load, rear load, etc.).  at least this is how the 2400 works and i believe the 4800 is similar in this respect.  check the manual on "matching black ink to paper type", "customizing your print settings", and "selecting the correct paper type".  and check your settings in "page setup" in your printing software, as well as print settings in your print software itself.
the printer setup will determine which papers are available and which are not (ie, greyed out).

jaker

• James Kerr
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 01:03:27 pm »

first MK+PK stand for matte black ink and photo black ink so you need to use the profile which matches the black ink type you currently have installed, which should in turn be the correct choice for you paper, ie MK for matte papers and PK for glossy photo papers.  check the manual for how to tell the printer whick black you have installed, usually in the printer setup software.  and media type choices are greyed out when the printer isn't set up correctly for them (manual feed, sheet feed, front load, rear load, etc.).  at least this is how the 2400 works and i believe the 4800 is similar in this respect.  check the manual on "matching black ink to paper type", "customizing your print settings", and "selecting the correct paper type".  and check your settings in "page setup" in your printing software, as well as print settings in your print software itself.
the printer setup will determine which papers are available and which are not (ie, greyed out).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
JAKER

jaker

• James Kerr
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:04:13 pm »

first MK+PK stand for matte black ink and photo black ink so you need to use the profile which matches the black ink type you currently have installed, which should in turn be the correct choice for you paper, ie MK for matte papers and PK for glossy photo papers.  check the manual for how to tell the printer whick black you have installed, usually in the printer setup software.  and media type choices are greyed out when the printer isn't set up correctly for them (manual feed, sheet feed, front load, rear load, etc.).  at least this is how the 2400 works and i believe the 4800 is similar in this respect.  check the manual on "matching black ink to paper type", "customizing your print settings", and "selecting the correct paper type".  and check your settings in "page setup" in your printing software, as well as print settings in your print software itself.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
JAKER

jaker

• James Kerr
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »

Many thanks that has been really useful - now I have just got to work out how to change the inks over !

Jaker
JAKER
Pages: [1]   Go Up