Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues printing on Epson Display Trans with Epson 9900  (Read 2000 times)

hacimd

Issues printing on Epson Display Trans with Epson 9900
« on: July 18, 2017, 04:46:36 pm »

Has anyone else has had issues printing on the Display Trans II Backlight Media?  I'm getting getting banding in the dark areas of my print. I've ran nozzle checks and have been getting perfect test prints. I'm printing with a Epson 99900 printer, using matte black mode.  I'm using the most current ICC profiles- 'Display Media Backlight' and 'Display Media Backlight Plus'.  I have also tried using the 'Enhanced Matte Epson Profile'.  No luck so far, any other suggestions?  Thanks

Jim Metzger

Re: Issues printing on Epson Display Trans with Epson 9900
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:56:07 pm »

Do you have high speed on? If so I would try one with it turned off. Does Display Trans Media require matte black? I usually print with glossy black on a Epson 7600.

Ray Cox

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:47 pm »

To me, that does not appear to be banding. I would inspect the original file to see if those artifacts are there.

hacimd

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 10:12:21 am »

Do you have high speed on? If so I would try one with it turned off. Does Display Trans Media require matte black? I usually print with glossy black on a Epson 7600.

I assumed that I should print on this material using the matte black ink?  I didn't think to try printing using the photo black. I'll turn off the high speed and give it a try.

hacimd

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:13:37 am »

To me, that does not appear to be banding. I would inspect the original file to see if those artifacts are there.

It might not be banding, but the artifacts are not found in the file. 

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:57 am »

It looks like head strikes to me. What media type settings have you got in place? Actual media type choice, media thickness, platen gap, suction level, etc...

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:49:14 pm »

It looks like head strikes to me. What media type settings have you got in place? Actual media type choice, media thickness, platen gap, suction level, etc...

+1

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Farmer

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 03:59:31 pm »

+2.  It's head striking and the resultant temporary output issue.  If it's near the end of the roll, it could be media memory, too.
Phil Brown

stockjock

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 06:00:06 pm »

On the Canon iPF8400 you get those kind of results if the tension is incorrect.  Changing the head gap doesn't help.  I have no idea about the Epson 9900, but with the Canon large format printers when you create a custom media configuration there is a step where the printer will automatically test for the correct tension and embed that setting in the profile for the associated media.  If there is something similar for the Epson printers you might give that a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up