Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Da Beat goes street  (Read 13795 times)

Telecaster

Re: Da Beat goes street
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:44 pm »

Had to look closely at the hunched-over fellow to confirm that what I initially thought I saw wasn't what I actually saw.  ;D

-Dave-

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 04:29:40 pm »

Had to look closely at the hunched-over fellow to confirm that what I initially thought I saw wasn't what I actually saw.  ;D

-Dave-

Plumber's cleavage..., but no, da Beat is keeping it discreet! (this time).
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:22 am »

Untitled
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:27 am »

In the category: random people shots
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 09:47:12 am »

Prototypical these days...
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2017, 01:47:48 pm »

A cat with a human identification complex
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2017, 01:52:37 pm »

Smile
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2017, 03:18:42 am »

non-conformist lamppost...
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2017, 03:35:08 pm »

Da beat thinks he may try a slightly longer exposure to add another opposite between movement and stillness.

Temple of opposites
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »

Da beat thinks he may try a slightly longer exposure to add another opposite between movement and stillness.

Temple of opposites

Trust me; the guy squatting at the bottom ain't gonna move no time soon, no way no how.

There goes the 'hood.

;-)

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 06:02:52 am »

Trust me; the guy squatting at the bottom ain't gonna move no time soon, no way no how.

There goes the 'hood.

;-)

Rob

Not sure. The local oil&gas company NAM in its infinite wisdom has decided to drill for gas beneath our city because of restrictions on their more northerly sites. The restrictions are deemed necessary due to increasing severity of earthquakes as a result of gas extraction at those sites. I once visited a small village in that area and indeed the real-estate everywhere shows visible signs of damage. I suppose if you manage to do that to small villages, it makes perfect sense to move operations to a larger town.

Retail however, will probably have vanished long before any structural damage might occur.
What can i say? Nothing's carved in stone?
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 07:41:38 am »

Not sure. The local oil&gas company NAM in its infinite wisdom has decided to drill for gas beneath our city because of restrictions on their more northerly sites. The restrictions are deemed necessary due to increasing severity of earthquakes as a result of gas extraction at those sites. I once visited a small village in that area and indeed the real-estate everywhere shows visible signs of damage. I suppose if you manage to do that to small villages, it makes perfect sense to move operations to a larger town.

Retail however, will probably have vanished long before any structural damage might occur.
What can i say? Nothing's carved in stone?

I have long suspected that oil drilling will do exactly the same thing. After all, as nature abhors vacuums, it follows that letting all that oil come rushing upstairs will create great big empties. Now, not only is it the oil, but also the pressure it has developed that keeps the roof - our ground-floor - up where it should be, at least insofar as we are concerned. So with what are we going to fill the holes? Water's no use - it finds ways to permeate elsewhere, and anyhow, we couldn't create the same roof-sustaining pressure down there as we are relieving.

Not only oil, but also earthquake: now, imagine a fairly severe quake out at sea somewhere, a really really big plate-shifter of a mother, one (a Cracker?) that makes a deep split in the surface of Earth. Which force is going to win: will it be the heat from within, or will the cold sea pouring in extinguish a lot of that heat, whereupon we get the answer to the climate change doubters happen automatically: the core (of the Earth - not of the doubters for nothing can shake them) freezes and we along with it and, at a stroke, a measureable drop in global warming? Of course, all that steam could just as easily have a short-term heating action of its own, but as the core will have lost its will to live, the steam will dissipate...

I'm making soup; I really didn't need any of these worries not of my own making.

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2017, 11:52:29 am »

Is this the local seiismic over-sight committee then?

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:12 am »

Is this the local seiismic over-sight committee then?

I was going to call it "The toastmaster", but now that you mention it...
Regards,
~ O ~

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:04 pm »

While da Beat certainly appreciates his classics, he equally appreciates classics in the making. Sometimes he can sense, but not grasp, the future, and he senses that this will be remembered in the future, in a similar way Chopin and Mozart are remembered today:

Viva! Vegas

Don't be fooled by appearances. She has studied with Oscar Peterson, which not only gives her bragging rights, but gives her a connection to this website as well...

Ok, this is cool! I've been a big jazz fan (and player when I was in school) for as long as I can remember and I've been turning my musician son who is 14 on to the classics lately. I just played him the Oscar Peterson and Freddie Hubbard record Face to Face the other day and he dug it.
Hiromi is pretty awesome too, I'm going to check out more of her stuff.
-MattB

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2017, 06:28:22 pm »

The fast lane
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:00 pm »

Really interesting situation, Oscar. Is it the Invisible Man or just an ordinary topless model wearing clothes?

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2017, 01:27:30 am »

It's like this: when you're young and livin' in the fastlane you feel like you have all the time in the world and will live forever. You may be able to afford and will be lured to own all the latest clothes and all the best conveniences like taxicabs, ubers, rickshas and what not, and all the advertising might have you believe that your appearance is what makes you stand out from the crowd. But exactly because of consumerism you could well lose your head; the real seat of your individuality.

When you're older, you're no longer prone to that disease, but time passes by quickly and you already feel like you haven't got a lot of it left.

That should make you wonder what livin' in the fastlane really means...
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 09:01:18 am »

I suppose it means different things to different people. Part of the pleasure in life, at some stage, is feeling yourself to belong to a hip movement, a little group of people who know where it's at. (What it is nobody really can tell you.) Fashion photography offered that for a while, and so did calendars, and there was a definite buzz going down to London and holding castings etc. with much of the joy being in the fact that somebody else was paying you to have your kicks. I loved going abroad on trips. Usually, but there were one or two best forgotten.

That may or may not end with age - the enjoyment, I mean, but what does happen is that when that work does end, which for most of us, especially in modern economic times it will, the absence of it is almost physically painful.

Yes, the sense of running out of time comes along too. It hit me about a decade ago, and brings a new set of pressures which are often outwith our own control. It forces one to accept that responsibility isn't limited to self. It's not about work, though, it's about not leaving a mess behind one for others to have to sort out. My aim is to be able to close my eyes for the last time knowing I did what I could to leave things tidy. (You should see my office - that's the exception: it will never be tidy!)

In the end, you do what you can.

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:00 am »

...In the end, you do what you can.

There is a saying in Russian: "Wanted to improve, ended up as always"  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up