Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC not re-importing edited photos undertaken i other editing programs  (Read 2455 times)

free2australian

I have a MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 - which I updated around 2 weeks ago.  I have the latest Lightroom CC update.  I have had Lightroom for a number of years

Today I found when editing my raw photos in Lightroom then editing them in other editing programs, the edited photos are not re-imported back into Lightroom/

The screen that comes up after saving the edited photo in the edited program e.g. Nik software etc. returns as a blank screen - see screen shot.  When I undertake a search in the grid mode to find the photo -  no outside edited edition is seen only the original file

Please advise

thank you

Sue

jisner

I have a MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 - which I updated around 2 weeks ago.  I have the latest Lightroom CC update.  I have had Lightroom for a number of years

Today I found when editing my raw photos in Lightroom then editing them in other editing programs, the edited photos are not re-imported back into Lightroom/

The screen that comes up after saving the edited photo in the edited program e.g. Nik software etc. returns as a blank screen - see screen shot.  When I undertake a search in the grid mode to find the photo -  no outside edited edition is seen only the original file

Please advise

thank you

Sue

I think Lightroom only will automatically import files that have been edited in one of the external editors you have specified in Lightroom preferences.  In other cases, you need to synchronize the folder to get Lightroom to see the new files, then import them.

free2australian

Thanks for your response.

Not sure what your mean as in the past every was automatic re editing in editing programs  and the automatic re-import back into Lightroom.

Today Lightroom is behaving itself and all my edited files are being automatically been re-imported back into Lightroom.

Sue

free2australian

After posting the above response . Lightroom is playing up again not re-importing edited photos.

Be grateful for your assistance

thank you

Sue

rdonson

Sue, how are you using the external editors?  Are you calling them by using the "Edit In" feature in Lightroom?
Regards,
Ron

bjanes

Sue, how are you using the external editors?  Are you calling them by using the "Edit In" feature in Lightroom?

Also, with this "Edit In" function, one has to use "Save" from the external editor, not "Save As. With the "save", the file will be saved in the original folder. With "Save As" the file will be saved, but you can have trouble finding it in Lightroom. Before I learned of this trick, exporting to Zerene Stacker from LR was driving me crazy.

Regards,

Bill

free2australian

Hi Bill

As  only use save from the external editing program as that is the only option provided

It seems this is not the answer to my problem

Sue

rdonson

Sue,

What external editing programs are you using?
Regards,
Ron

free2australian

I use Nik software , Topaz and Macphun programs - I don't  think has anything to do with external editing programs but with Lightroom -

Sue

john beardsworth

• My photography site

it's quite possible that you would think LR has failed to import files if you start with a filtered view or from a smart collection. For instance, if LR is only showing raw files, you wouldn't see a new TIF.

Ensure you are in a folder and there is no filter in operation, then send to Nik SFX etc. Depending on your computer speed, you should see that LR is generating a TIF file and adding it to the catalogue - so the new file should be generated and catalogued before LR invokes Nik. Once the file is open in Nik, tab back to LR and again see that file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up