Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem importing back files opened for HDR processing in Photomatix  (Read 359 times)

cortlander

• photoshah

I am using Mac OS Sierra and current Capture One 10.1.2

I selected 5 files (xxx.CR2) and did 'Open with..' Photomatix Pro and processed and then saved it back into the same Capture One directory next to the original files, except that now the filename had HDR added i.e. xxxHDR.tif. I can see the file in the same directory in the Finder.

However, I am not seeing it in my Capture One user interface. The File/Synchronize Folder menu choice is greyed out so I cannot synch either. I tried to Import, and can see the HDR file and select it, but get the message that the file cannot be imported into the same folder.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

uptownguydenver

• uptownguydenver
Re: Problem importing back files opened for HDR processing in Photomatix
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:09:36 AM »

You didn't say if you are using a session or catalog. If using a catalog if you are referencing the files or adding them into the catalog.

If you are using a session and save the resulting processed HDR file to the Capture folder it will automatically show up. If you are using a catalog and the file is referenced you will need to import the resulting processed HDR file.

I tried it with Aurora HDR application and it works fine using both a session and reference file in a catalog.

In the Import Images dialog the Import To / Destination is set to Current Location

Hope this might be of some help to you.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver area.

cortlander

• photoshah
Re: Problem importing back files opened for HDR processing in Photomatix
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »

Thanks very much,  uptownguydenver!
Destination Set to Current Location is what was missing in my steps. I was referencing the processed file in a catalog.
I will try out using the session and saving to the Capture folder.

This was helpful!!

Best,
Pages: [1]   Go Up