Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything better than PS Adaptive Wide Angle filter?  (Read 1142 times)

mshea

Anything better than PS Adaptive Wide Angle filter?
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:46:00 pm »

Hi All,

I'm perfectly happy using LR panorama for my landscape/nature panos, but lately I've been shooting two types of architectural panos.

1) Cityscapes, often with moving objects (boats or other activity) in the foreground. I've been shooting handheld at a high frame rate for these. Overlap is at least 1/3, if not greater. I may resort to a tripod with a pano head for better results. The buildings are a 1/4 mile or more distant. I've been processing them in LR panorama and then trying to correct verticals with PS Adaptive WA filter. Very finicky and the results have been less than stellar!

2) Tall buildings in confined downtown locations. For these, I've been using a Canon 17mm T/S and taking three or more overlapping shift shots with at least a 1/3 overlap, sometimes more (always tripod mounted). Again, I've processed in LR panorama, then try the Transform guided option. That is usually unsuccessful, and I move on to the PS WA filter. Again, the results are often unacceptable. No matter how many guide points I place, there are often verticals that don't line up.

So I'm wondering if PTGui Pro or Autopano Giga would produce better results. Price doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Merrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up