Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iridient X-Transformer Beta 4  (Read 3397 times)

MBehrens

Iridient X-Transformer Beta 4
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:39 am »

The Iridient X-Transformer 1.0 beta 4 update is now available for download! Iridient X-Transformer beta 4 is supported on both macOS 10.7 or later and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 or later.

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer_download.html

This release includes bug fixes, performance improvements and several new features. New feature highlights include:

1) An all new Lightroom scripting plug-in which for most users will likely be the preferred way of transferring images from Lightroom to X-Transformer and back as quickly and efficiently as possible. The plug-in requires no additional Preferences setup and avoids some of the limitations and unnecessary intermediate image processing applied by Lightroom when using "Edit In" . This plug-in also provides a quick and easy option to launch X-Transformer and bring it to front for settings adjustments prior to processing images.

To install the plug-in choose "Install Lightroom Plug-in" from the Help menu in Iridient X-Transformer.

2) The in-camera Fujifilm film style presets can now automatically be translated into Lightroom adjustment metadata such that the film style chosen in camera is also the initial Camera Profile selected when the DNG is opened into Lightroom/ACR. This feature is specific currently to Lightroom/ACR only and will not translate the film styles over to other RAW processors. This option currently is not turned on by default and can be found on the "DNG Options" panel.

3) The camera's star rating values are now translated into standard XMP metadata fields such that they will be loaded by Lightroom/ACR/Bridge and other programs that support standard star rating metadata.

4) There is now an option to embed an Iridient specific camera profile into the DNG. This "Iridient Standard" camera profile should be a slightly better match to the default camera profile used by Iridient Developer. However, due to inherent differences in the default profile formats used (ICC versus Adobe DCP) the match will not be exact. Lightroom also insists on defaulting to its own "Adobe Standard" camera profile regardless of what's embedded in the DNG so use of this profile in Lightroom requires manually selecting it after opening into Lightroom. For now the "Adobe Standard" camera profile remains the default.

If you encounter any issues with this beta please let me know at <support@iridientdigital.com> as soon as possible.

The full Iridient X-Transformer version history including detailed release notes for version 1.0 beta 4 can be viewed at my web site here:
http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer_history.html

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Iridient X-Transformer Beta 4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:49 am »

The scripting plug-in works well and will save a lot of mucking around for those who don't have the "Open Directly" plug-in. Select the files, go to FILES...PLUG-IN EXTRAS and click. The DNGs appear next to the original raf files.
David 

MBehrens

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:22:14 am »

It works very nicely. I wish it would use the File Naming from the app, but Brian says this got too complex. Much better than the Edit In process before, that was really clunky.

Deardorff

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:23 am »

Can your product be used for Fuji RAW files if one does not have Lightroom?

David Sutton

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 06:43:27 pm »

Can your product be used for Fuji RAW files if one does not have Lightroom?

Yes.
But it outputs in DNG format, so you'll need to have software that can work with that.
Iridient Devoper is authored by Brian Griffith.
David

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 06:54:45 pm »

The Iridient X-Transformer 1.0 beta 4 update is now available for download! Iridient X-Transformer beta 4 is supported on both macOS 10.7 or later and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 or later.

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer_download.html

This release includes bug fixes, performance improvements and several new features. New feature highlights include:

1) An all new Lightroom scripting plug-in which for most users will likely be the preferred way of transferring images from Lightroom to X-Transformer and back as quickly and efficiently as possible. The plug-in requires no additional Preferences setup and avoids some of the limitations and unnecessary intermediate image processing applied by Lightroom when using "Edit In" . This plug-in also provides a quick and easy option to launch X-Transformer and bring it to front for settings adjustments prior to processing images.

To install the plug-in choose "Install Lightroom Plug-in" from the Help menu in Iridient X-Transformer.

2) The in-camera Fujifilm film style presets can now automatically be translated into Lightroom adjustment metadata such that the film style chosen in camera is also the initial Camera Profile selected when the DNG is opened into Lightroom/ACR. This feature is specific currently to Lightroom/ACR only and will not translate the film styles over to other RAW processors. This option currently is not turned on by default and can be found on the "DNG Options" panel.

3) The camera's star rating values are now translated into standard XMP metadata fields such that they will be loaded by Lightroom/ACR/Bridge and other programs that support standard star rating metadata.

4) There is now an option to embed an Iridient specific camera profile into the DNG. This "Iridient Standard" camera profile should be a slightly better match to the default camera profile used by Iridient Developer. However, due to inherent differences in the default profile formats used (ICC versus Adobe DCP) the match will not be exact. Lightroom also insists on defaulting to its own "Adobe Standard" camera profile regardless of what's embedded in the DNG so use of this profile in Lightroom requires manually selecting it after opening into Lightroom. For now the "Adobe Standard" camera profile remains the default.

If you encounter any issues with this beta please let me know at <support@iridientdigital.com> as soon as possible.

The full Iridient X-Transformer version history including detailed release notes for version 1.0 beta 4 can be viewed at my web site here:
http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer_history.html

What function does this application actual perform?
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

David Sutton

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 07:27:20 pm »

What function does this application actual perform?
According to the website, it does the following:
Interpolation or demosaic processing
Sharpening
Automatic lens corrections for distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting
Colour and luminance noise reduction

I use it for the first function. I find it renders out the raw file with more detail and "better" colour than most of the alternatives. I then use my usual image editor to adjust exposure and so on before exporting as a tiff.
If detail isn't important I don't bother.
David

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07:50 pm »

I just wish Adobe would stop screwing around and just pay Brian a massive check for his product. They could improve rendering in some areas of LR/ACR with his fine code!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »

I just wish Adobe would stop screwing around and just pay Brian a massive check for his product. They could improve rendering in some areas of LR/ACR with his fine code!

So! what I have been thinking for the past three years is, Adobe needs to get their act together and update their raw processing engine or they will be considered a third rate raw image processing application. There are at least a half dozen other applications that have leapfrogged them in this area. 
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

rdonson

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 11:05:31 am »

Agreed. 

Adobe needs to get their act together on Lightroom on the desktop.  They've seemingly ignored it for 3 years in favor of mobile and web versions.  Since they keep on posting record quarterlies it doesn't seem they lack the capital to address it.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up