Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CIS for i9900  (Read 2109 times)

CIS for i9900
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:15:44 AM »

Mediastreet swears that their Niagra CIS for the i9900 works ...

has anyone tried it?  i run a niagra on the r1800 with much happiness ... sure wish i could find one that is good for the i9900, but even Lyson gave up on this printer for CIS,

i am gunshy on the Niagra though i trust Mediastreet, if you have experience with this PLEASE let me know

thanks  billb

CIS for i9900
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:31:41 AM »

1. I have the old MediaStreet Niagara for a the Canon i9900. There are a lot of design flaws with this old system:
a. The tubes were just pushed in through a hole in the top of the ink bottle so they keep slipping up and the ink would get an air lock.
* I finally bought some bottle tops with the nipple from MSI.
b. The cartridges use a "wool," unlike the bladder design of the Epson, so the system kept flooding the print head.
* To solve that problem I bought a DIY CIS parts kit from with bladder cartridges. ( now redirects to, weink seems to only be selling print heads now.)

Then my printer decided to lock the print head in the power off position and I haven't figured out how to unlock it. Since I have an Epson 1280 with a MediaStreet Niagara and pigment ink, getting the Canon working has not been high on my priority list.

For the Canon, you might want to consider refilling cartridges rather than a CIS system.

Pages: [1]   Go Up