Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CIS for i9900  (Read 2601 times)

gemsib

CIS for i9900
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:15:44 am »

Mediastreet swears that their Niagra CIS for the i9900 works ...

has anyone tried it?  i run a niagra on the r1800 with much happiness ... sure wish i could find one that is good for the i9900, but even Lyson gave up on this printer for CIS,

i am gunshy on the Niagra though i trust Mediastreet, if you have experience with this PLEASE let me know

thanks  billb

nigeldh

• http://www.luminousnature.com
CIS for i9900
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:31:41 am »

1. I have the old MediaStreet Niagara for a the Canon i9900. There are a lot of design flaws with this old system:
a. The tubes were just pushed in through a hole in the top of the ink bottle so they keep slipping up and the ink would get an air lock.
* I finally bought some bottle tops with the nipple from MSI.
b. The cartridges use a "wool," unlike the bladder design of the Epson, so the system kept flooding the print head.
* To solve that problem I bought a DIY CIS parts kit from weink.com with bladder cartridges. (weink.com now redirects to mediastreet.com, weink seems to only be selling print heads now.)

Then my printer decided to lock the print head in the power off position and I haven't figured out how to unlock it. Since I have an Epson 1280 with a MediaStreet Niagara and pigment ink, getting the Canon working has not been high on my priority list.

For the Canon, you might want to consider refilling cartridges rather than a CIS system.

Nigel
Pages: [1]   Go Up