Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider 60mm 5.6 Apo-Digitar lens with CMOS backs?  (Read 1964 times)

epines

• ethan pines photography
Schneider 60mm 5.6 Apo-Digitar lens with CMOS backs?
« on: July 06, 2017, 12:16:20 pm »

A couple of questions about this lens:

1) I'm considering getting a used one for my Alpa Max with H5D50 (CCD) back. If and when I upgrade to a CMOS sensor, will this lens work well with it? I know some Schneiders have exhibited problems and have led users to upgrade to Rodenstock HR lenses.

2) What do you think is a fair price for a used one, in an Alpa mount with an HPF ring? How much did they sell for new, in Alpa mount?

thanks
ethan

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:27:11 pm by epines »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Schneider 60mm 5.6 Apo-Digitar lens with CMOS backs?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:42:34 pm »

Just a quick note that the question isn't "Schneider 60mm f5.6 Apo-Digitar with CMOS backs?" it is "Schneider 60mm with X back in Y software with Z shift?".

As noted above by Stanley Goldberg it works quite well with the P1 100mp with Capture One. However, tech cameras are a high priority at Phase One R+D and a tremendous amount of effort went into improving the LCC tool in Capture One for the 100mp sensor. Our Phase One 100mp technical cam raw tests show that combination works very well. But since Capture One cannot be used with Hasselblad products you should test whichever specific back and software you are considering with that lens or rely on feedback/testing others have done with that specific back/software combo.

the_luminous_french

Re: Schneider 60mm 5.6 Apo-Digitar lens with CMOS backs?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:53:55 am »

for lens movements you need capture one for good LCC !
Pages: [1]   Go Up