Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Album Question  (Read 1611 times)

LeonD

Smart Album Question
« on: July 05, 2017, 04:09:58 pm »

Is there a way to create a smart album of pics that are not contained in any existing albums?

I can do it in Lightroom but can't figure out how to do it in Capture One.

Thx.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Smart Album Question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 07:00:18 pm »

Is there a way to create a smart album of pics that are not contained in any existing albums?

Hi,

Not that I know of, but it also depends on if/how you tag the images in other Smart Albums. If you always tag by Color and/or Star rating, you can filter on No-Color AND less than 1 star, or Either No-Color OR less than 1 star. You could also add a keyword (when importing), which you can remove if added to a smart album, or add a keyword (e.g. "SA") when a Smart Album applies.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:25 am »

Going forward for new images.

Create a Smart Album with a colour tag, say Pink.
During Import  add a Pink Colour Tag
When editing /  adding to required Smart Albums remove the Pink colour tag.

As time goes by Pink Colour tagged images would not be in a " Real " Smart Album but one of their own

For Existing Images
Probably easiest, as already suggested, to add an unique keyword to all images in current Smart Albums then create a Smart Album that does not include that keyword.

Then perhaps create one  further Smart Album to combine the two scenarios.
Does not have Pink Colour Tag or Does not have the unique keyword

Probably a more elegant solution but this is what comes to mind, just now.

LeonD

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:34:59 pm »

The only Smart Album would be the one saying the picture is not in an existing album.  None of those existing albums are smart.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

When I import pictures into Capture One, I manually add each picture to a "non-smart" album.  What I'm looking to do is have a Smart Album that would have pictures that I haven't added to a "non-smart" album.  (I'm not sure if I said that any clearer.)

In Lightroom, I have a Smart Collection that looks for pictures that are in my "Photos" folder and the Collection field doesn't contain a vowel or a numeral.  If it meets both criteria, it mean the picture has been loaded in my folder and is not part of a Collection.  The system will add it to a Smart Collection.  As soon as I put the picture in a Collection, the second criteria fails and it comes out of the Smart Collection.

Thanks for the ideas.  I can do something with adding an identifier upon import and remove it when I place the picture in an album.

Pages: [1]   Go Up