Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386392 times)

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 05:51:23 pm »

Whay are there no bars on the windows?   :D

Ha, because they aren't even big enough to crawl thru...
(snapped at normal eye-level, so an average length person probably reaches between the first and second row of windows).

Maybe cool picture:
at the ground floor we situate students front to back in a row all along the wall, all equally dressed in suit and tie with a briefcase. Then from one of the top windows we hang a rope of tied together white sheets blowing in the wind.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 08:49:20 am »

So this was at the back of me and i immediately thought that if this is where we provide our collegelevel education it is no wonder we churn out robots or "corporate prisoners" so to speak...

Image makes me think first of white picket fences and, from there, onwards towards velvet.

Corporate prisoners are actually the ones that will survive; the system needs 'em but not the free spirits who find themselves equally at home in the drawer labelled Misfits. The danger comes when that one's too close to the rubbish can.

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »

Fooling around with the high contrast mono mode on the little wx350. Combined with spotmetering it even allows a bit of control over exposure. This image i found interesting since it shows that little information is needed to still convey an object (and corresponding atmosphere) given that we only see a label and a reflection.

It also triggered me to shoot another series of images of colorful fruit and vegies on a black background, where the background is later processed to near absolute black in post.
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 03:21:34 pm »

An example of the colorful fruits and vegies against a black background. The trick of course is to get a natural transition between the object and the background. Obviously, with postprocessing this isn't a real problem except there is a very fine line where the subtleties of transitioning to black will turn out weird.

I think it works in this version, let me look up another image where it didn't quite work out as I wanted.
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2017, 03:30:06 pm »

Of course, the multiple jpg compressions to get to this lo-res version will not help either, but I believe that I didn't quite get it right here. Even though the information is all there (meaning there is actual color where there is objects), it doesn't quite have that subtle "deep shadow" feel that I think should be possible given the relative saturation of the objects.

Images where stacks of multiple shots to ensure there would at least be adequate bitdepth, though not HDR bracketed.
Regards,
~ O ~

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 04:41:03 am »

Airport shot...

Rob C

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 08:28:49 am »

Airport shot...

And there I was, expecting a majestic monorail with multiple bellows...

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:43 am »

It has swing, tilt, shift, rise and fall. Needs a lens board.

Rob C

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:17 am »

That's what you get if you don't buy from a registered dealership: non-working bait to greater expenditure. And nobody mentioned a lens yet!

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 10:25:23 am »

+10!  ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 03:03:05 am »

In Barcelonetta

Rob C

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21:23 am »

In Barcelonetta

Thanks for the memory jog: reminds me that I have an invitation to a gallery show this evening - five Cuban painters. The link/memory jog? The gallery is up on the first floor, and you enter via a bar/restauarnt, which is anything but convenient; but that's life: location, location, location.

However, rules don't aways apply in Mallorca. The woman who runs this place has a long gallery history within Pollensa, so I guess she probably knows what's what and, as ever, you have to go by what you can afford to rent.

It's 3pm right now, and the battery is on charge, a spare card beside the camera; however, the "do" starts at 8.30pm and I have no idea about the probable state of my enthusiasm by then. However, I guess my Cuban tenor sax friend will be there, so at the very least, somebody with whom to have a usually interesting chat.

Event's such as this always come accompanied with the angst of the missing mate. And emergency driver...

https://www.espaidart32.com/ARTISTAS_CUBANOS/COLECTIVA.html

A quick look, and you see at once why photography can never feel an equal to some of the other arts. Like or dislike the works, there's no disputing that self-expression is much stronger and better served this other way. Unfortunately for me. Maybe that's just my fifteen-year-old self coming back to the fore, looking for a fight with the older me. At least I can tell him to go back from whence he came, that I know better, that I'd never have been good enough to cut it with canvas - AFAIK.

Sometimes, it feels like reading a book from the back. My late mother - she's be a miracle if she were not late - used to do that with books; it drove me mad, but she enjoyed them just as much as ever I seemed to do. Folks, techniques.

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 09:43:18 am »

A quick look, and you see at once why photography can never feel an equal to some of the other arts.

you have to go by what you can

Folks, techniques.

:)

Rob C

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 09:48:06 am »

:)

" "A quick look, and you see at once why photography can never feel an equal to some of the other arts.

you have to go by what you can

Folks, techniques."" ""

Editorial mayhem!

;-)

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 03:48:51 pm »

On the beach. Always something of interest – sometimes beautiful, sometimes grisly. And a handheld pano of behind the beach. Not a good place to walk – full of ticks!

Rob C

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 03:49:42 am »

Two beautiful still lifes; marvellous colours.

Ticks: try going through my hedge or, if you enjoy walks, any Med maquis! If you have sheep or goats they have passengers, as will you of you brush past anything that grows.

Rob C

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »

Two beautiful still lifes; marvellous colours.

Ticks: try going through my hedge or, if you enjoy walks, any Med maquis! If you have sheep or goats they have passengers, as will you of you brush past anything that grows.

Rob C

Thank-you, Rob. Ticks seem to be a growing problem here. A young friend of our granddaughter has just been diagnosed with Lyme disease from a black-legged/deer tick bite. Poor little guy has to undergo a 21-day course of antibiotics.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2017, 04:01:29 pm »

Da Beat goes street, but just for some inner city stockphotography...
i.e. no fancy double messages or other ambiguity here, just uhmmm... photography from the gut, and my gut generally has little to contribute where reasonable intellect is concerned...
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »

Da Beat goes street, but just for some inner city stockphotography...
i.e. no fancy double messages or other ambiguity here, just uhmmm... photography from the gut, and my gut generally has little to contribute where reasonable intellect is concerned...

Tried cookery lessons?

I can only make a distinctly Rob C version of paella - I like it moist, more as per risotto, so even there I find it pretty difficult to conform... Well, okay, I do make soups and stews in winter, but all very low-intellect stuff and after my own simplified versions of Internet recipes I have found. None of it is fun.

So on second thoughts, stick with your gut and forget the intellect. Can you still make stock photos pay? Amazing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:49:08 am by Rob C »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »

photography from the gut, and my gut generally has little to contribute where reasonable intellect is concerned...

Not a comment on the photo, Oscar, but your text reminded me of this.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 184   Go Up