Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are the previews of Capture One Pro of such low quality?  (Read 4626 times)

Dave Rosser

• My Website
Re: Why are the previews of Capture One Pro of such low quality?
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »

I've just joined LL just because I have this same issue. It's extremely frustrating, and
everything is exactly like what 'The View' is saying. Pictures in Capture One preview look like, well, crap.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so

The first one is a screenshot of me working in capture one; it also shows the preview size (and yes, I've regenerated the preview many times).

http://scenicdesktops.com/test/Capture1preview.png

The other picture is the output at 2160 x 1440.

http://scenicdesktops.com/test/Output.png

Look at the difference between them. It's obvious. I'm a stubborn man, but this is honestly ticking me off. Can anyone help with this?
You have -25 clarity set, is this your normal setting? What does the pre-view look like with the default 0 setting?

Dave

The View

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:59 AM »

Tom Fitzgerald has just published a suggested workaround for this

http://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2017/9/capture-ones-preview-problem-and-how-to-get-around-it

Don't have time to try it right now, and it may well be something already suggested, but just in case it helps anyone.

Graham

This doesn't make the preview as good as the output, but the output as bad as the preview.

Also, the example in the blog is doesn't show the extent of the problem with the blurry preview. It doesn't show the loss of sharpness, the incorrect regional contrast, and that the Capture One Preview is just a bullshit preview that has nothing to do with the output.

Would the output be as bad as the preview, nobody would use C1.

You adjust according to the preview, you are flying blind.

My "fix" is that I only use minimal adjustments. Nothing that really makes a esthetic decision. I just create a neutral good start with a slight inclination towards where I want to go.

This way, of course, I cannot use most of the tools offered by C1.

But then, what use are tools, if you don't see how they work but get some fake preview instead.

I can't believe Phase One stacks feature upon feature - and they are all built on sand of a blatantly false preview that is useless to do proper adjustments.
Deserts, Cities, Woods, Faces - View of the World.

myotis

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »

This doesn't make the preview as good as the output, but the output as bad as the preview.

Ah, well, thought it was worth passing on, sorry it didn't help.

Graham
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up