Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folders In Library - "Show Photos in Subfolders."  (Read 3040 times)

LeonD

Folders In Library - "Show Photos in Subfolders."
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:39:15 am »

I store my pics by year -> month -> day.  In Capture One, the year and month folders don't show any pictures, which makes sense because all the pics are stored in the day folders.  However, let's say I'd like to see all the pics for a particular year.  If I click on the year, there's nothing there.  I could either filter for year or create a Smart Collection.

Lightroom has "Show Photos in Subfolders."  Is there anything similar in Capture One?

Thanks.

TommyWeir

Re: Folders In Library - "Show Photos in Subfolders."
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:55:42 am »

In the main Library Tool Tab, down the bottom there's a Filters Tool (which can be anywhere but is by default here).
There's a number of preset filters, including Date.  It automatically sets up your Year/Month/Day with numbers in each and you simply click on the one you want, including Year or Month which will show the appropriate sets of photographs.   

LeonD

Re: Folders In Library - "Show Photos in Subfolders."
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:40:23 am »

Thanks for the reply.

My filter -> date section is blank until I select either a collection or a folder from the sections above the filter.  Once I select a collection or folder, the years appear in the filter section that corresponds to the pictures included in the collection or folder.

Seems like this should work.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up