Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Airplane DSLR on board policy?  (Read 1014 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
NEW Airplane DSLR on board policy?
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:16:05 am »

What is your experience with the new Airplane DSLR on board policy for certain airliners which fly towards middle east, etc.

I am flying to Europe via Turkey with Turkish Airlines. As per the new security policy, I can't have my DSLR, laptops in possession. They keep everything in a bag and will be given back to the passengers at the end of the flight.

What is your experience? Do they take the DSLR with all the lenses or they take the body only and I can keep the lenses in my carry on bag? Obviously, I want to give them less as possible.

Please share your experience!

Thanks!

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: NEW Airplane DSLR on board policy?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:50:10 pm »

What is your experience with the new Airplane DSLR on board policy for certain airliners which fly towards middle east, etc. . . .
What is your experience? Do they take the DSLR with all the lenses or they take the body only and I can keep the lenses in my carry on bag?

No personal experience with the new policy restricting carry-ons from flights originating in certain foreign locations, but since the objective is to prevent larger batteries from being brought into the aircraft cabin, it's probably a safe assumption that lenses are fine.

Having said that, I've found the U.S. Customs and Border Protection customer service reps to be both knowledgeable and eager to help travelers understand the implementation of their security policies.  They have a national call center (Google for the number) or you can contact one of the offices they have at many airports that serve international destinations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up