Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current state of Tech Wides on 50MP CMOS?  (Read 5911 times)

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
Re: Current state of Tech Wides on 50MP CMOS?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 12:15:12 pm »

Chris --  why on mirrorless rather than on canon? The answer may be obvious to many here, but I haven't entered the mirrorless world at all.

Also, this option still seems to lack shift. What do you use for that? Canon 24 and 17? I've mostly used Alpa. Have also used a friend's canon 24.

Thanks
Ethan

Short flange distance of mirrorless allows the use of a shift adapter between DSLR lens & body, or as Chris is doing, use a view camera like Arca Universalis or Cambo Actus.

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 01:42:09 pm »

Short flange distance of mirrorless allows the use of a shift adapter between DSLR lens & body, or as Chris is doing, use a view camera like Arca Universalis or Cambo Actus.

Got it. Thank you.

What shift adapter between lens and body?

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 07:18:08 pm »

Shorter yes, but not necessarily short, as least not as short as medium format sensor which is right up to the camera film plane.
The sensor is still recessed to some extent and then you need an adaptor to convert round to square plus the camera, plus an adaptor to drive a TSE lens if you want to. At least that was my experience.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up