Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making the switch to LR  (Read 7676 times)

dudewad1

Making the switch to LR
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:11:07 pm »

I currently run a Photo Mechanic/Iview Media/Photoshop combo and I'd like to try out LR/PS.  Is anyone else in the same boat as me?  I don't want to completely commit to LR because it may cost more than I'm willing to spend in the end but on the other hand, I don't want to process all my photos both ways.  What do you recommend?

Also, my first problem: When I imported all of my previous work into LR, it only imported the jpg's, not any of the psd's.  Is there a setting for this (I'm on Windows)?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »

Best place to post issue is on the official Lightroom Forums...

BTW, only PSDs that have been saved with backward compatibility checked will import...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:19:17 pm by Schewe »

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:16:46 am »

Best place to post issue is on the official Lightroom Forums...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74040\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is it just me, or is adobe.com very often unreachable, and always very, very slow ? The Lightroom forums are usually absolutely hopeless, and for the last two days I can't even get more than about 1kbit/minute from adobe.com ...
--
David Mantripp

32BT

• Pictures
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:52 am »

Is it just me, or is adobe.com very often unreachable, and always very, very slow ? The Lightroom forums are usually absolutely hopeless, and for the last two days I can't even get more than about 1kbit/minute from adobe.com ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, ever since the macromedia "integration" it doesn't seem very responsive. But for the forums, only the main page is unbearable. Once I reach a specific forum, it runs normal.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

williammortensen

Making the switch to LR
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:59:47 pm »

Hi to all,

I must say if one conremplates changing frome one of the Adobe products you should seriously consider and I do mean seriously consider Ulead Photo Impact 11. I am formally trained in Photoshop and can assure you that for most users the Photoimpact 11 product will do absolutely everything CS2 will do and you get a lightrom type file manager for free. This may be the best valu software on the face of the earth and it is very powerful. Don't take my word go to their site and download the free full feature trial. I do not understand why people contine to pay the outrageous price for the adobe stuff when something like this is available for less than 100 bucks.

Try it you will most certainly like it.

William

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 03:53:46 am »

Hi to all,

I must say if one conremplates changing frome one of the Adobe products you should seriously consider and I do mean seriously consider Ulead Photo Impact 11. I am formally trained in Photoshop and can assure you that for most users the Photoimpact 11 product will do absolutely everything CS2 will do and you get a lightrom type file manager for free. This may be the best valu software on the face of the earth and it is very powerful. Don't take my word go to their site and download the free full feature trial. I do not understand why people contine to pay the outrageous price for the adobe stuff when something like this is available for less than 100 bucks.

Try it you will most certainly like it.

William
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not much cop if you use a Mac, though, is it?

Jeremy

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 09:47:59 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I find the same issues when accessing the LR Forums.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

David White

• http://
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 12:15:31 pm »

Well, ever since the macromedia "integration" it doesn't seem very responsive. But for the forums, only the main page is unbearable. Once I reach a specific forum, it runs normal.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting.  Here, on the West coast, I've never seen any responsiveness problems with the Lightroom forums or main page.

Perhaps the packets get slowed down climbing up and over the Sierras and the Rockies on their way east.  
David White

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Making the switch to LR
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 07:45:56 pm »

Perhaps the packets get slowed down climbing up and over the Sierras and the Rockies on their way east.   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And by the time they get tto the UK after swimming across Atlantic they are really tired, judging by forum speed.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up