Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe paid Michael Flynn big $ in 2014  (Read 2689 times)

Damon Lynch

• http://www.damonlynch.net
Adobe paid Michael Flynn big $ in 2014
« on: June 18, 2017, 03:22:48 pm »

In 2014,  Michael Flynn 'inked a deal with the software giant Adobe, which paid him a six-figure fee to provide “periodic counsel to Adobe’s public sector team,” according to a company spokeswoman.' Source:  today's NY Times.

Is Adobe part of the military industrial complex? I don't know.  But irrespective of that possibility, palling around with a dunce like Flynn? Yikes.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Adobe paid Michael Flynn big $ in 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »

Did he have to do anything with the Adobe subscription schemes?

Damon Lynch

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 04:05:00 pm »

Did he have to do anything with the Adobe subscription schemes?

Sorry, in all sincerity I can't determine if that was in jest. But if not, what makes you think they'd be in any way even remotely related? Personally I can't see the connection, but then again, I've never worked for any government and it's been more than a decade since I did any work in the private sector.

I assume Flynn was hired to facilitate Adobe's access to lucrative U.S. and foreign government contracts, among other things.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:14:05 pm »

Sorry, in all sincerity I can't determine if that was in jest. But if not, what makes you think they'd be in any way even remotely related? Personally I can't see the connection, but then again, I've never worked for any government and it's been more than a decade since I did any work in the private sector.

I assume Flynn was hired to facilitate Adobe's access to lucrative U.S. and foreign government contracts, among other things.

Looking back, it was in May 2013, when Adobe announced that they would not release new versions of the Creative Suite and that future versions of its software would be available only through the Creative Cloud. Flynn signed his deal with Adobe in 2014, after the subscription decision had been already made. Interestingly, the conversion from perpetual to subscription model for a large number of seats per product in all government departments would bring more money to Adobe which must have made that deal even more lucrative (for both parties).   ;)

donbga

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »

palling around with a dunce like Flynn? Yikes.

Flynn a dunce? I don't think so.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 08:19:46 pm »

Is Adobe part of the military industrial complex? I don't know.

Not likely...but Flynn didn't seem to say no to anybody about anything...from the article:

Dozens of interviews and a review of public documents suggest that Mr. Flynn’s business was as scattershot as it was ambitious — and that there were few opportunities he would pass up. His clients ranged from a drone manufacturer in Florida to major software companies; at one point, Mr. Flynn took a $5,000 gig as an expert witness in a personal injury case.

So, he seemed more hellbent on making money than anything else other than perhaps getting back at the people who fired him.

Damon Lynch

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:32 pm »

Flynn a dunce? I don't think so.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to back up your assertion?

Flynn is either "one of the dumbest individuals who's ever lived or ... he really had some nefarious purposes", according to retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson.

Moreover, Flynn's ideas about Islam are so far beyond stupid that even a child could refute them.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 11:58:28 pm »

I think Mueller should investigate Flynn for collusion with Adobe to create the subscription model.  I knew collusion didn't end with Russia. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 04:00:27 am »

I think Mueller should investigate Flynn for collusion with Adobe to create the subscription model.  I knew collusion didn't end with Russia.

Apparently, there was a collusion. Adobe looked at average income of freelancing photographers, painters and graphics artists that comes to around $6,000 a year. Using the time-tested and proven NATO numbers where each country commits to pay 2% of its GDP, Adobe used the same formula and came up with an annual subscription price of $120, or $9.99 per month. The company was ruthless when imposing the highly unpopular subcription model and didn't provide any acceptable PSexit options.

Fortunately, a young European enterprise came to the rescue and introduced a PS-compatible product called Affinity Photo that is offered at the fraction of Adobe PS CC price, while providing the user with a perpetual copy of that product. The iPad version of Affinity Photo costs $19.99, and the PC or Mac versions are currently offered at $79.99US, less than the annual subscription for Adobe PS CC.

There is no apparent connection to Flynn or Russia, but there was a recent rumour about the young Canadian hacker, who previously hacked into 500 millions of Yahoo email accounts, and allegedly took briefly over the Serif Affinity website while attempting to reduce the Affinity online price even further. Now, that could be also fake news.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 11:48:19 am »

Apparently, there was a collusion. Adobe looked at average income of freelancing photographers, painters and graphics artists that comes to around $6,000 a year. Using the time-tested and proven NATO numbers where each country commits to pay 2% of its GDP, Adobe used the same formula and came up with an annual subscription price of $120, or $9.99 per month. The company was ruthless when imposing the highly unpopular subcription model and didn't provide any acceptable PSexit options.

Fortunately, a young European enterprise came to the rescue and introduced a PS-compatible product called Affinity Photo that is offered at the fraction of Adobe PS CC price, while providing the user with a perpetual copy of that product. The iPad version of Affinity Photo costs $19.99, and the PC or Mac versions are currently offered at $79.99US, less than the annual subscription for Adobe PS CC.

There is no apparent connection to Flynn or Russia, but there was a recent rumour about the young Canadian hacker, who previously hacked into 500 millions of Yahoo email accounts, and allegedly took briefly over the Serif Affinity website while attempting to reduce the Affinity online price even further. Now, that could be also fake news.
Hmmm.  I think Mueller should investigate you.  There appears to be some collusion going on with you and Affinity Photo.  Just what is your percentage? :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 11:52:39 am »

I don't have Affinity Photo yet. But will order it soon.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:13 pm »

I don't have Affinity Photo yet. But will order it soon.
You should get a discount for the plug. :)

Pete_G

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »

Whoa, thanks Les, If Alan thinks it's a bad idea I'll order a copy too...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

Whoa,  I didn't say I didn't want to buy it, however I may be interested in getting involved in collusion so I can make some money off of it. :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

Whoa,  I didn't say I didn't want to buy it, however I may be interested in getting involved in collusion so I can make some money off of it. :)

AFAIK, there is no commission nor a referral fee for buying Photoshop or Affinity. To make some quick money, contact Flynn.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:14 pm »

AFAIK, there is no commission nor a referral fee for buying Photoshop or Affinity. To make some quick money, contact Flynn.
I'll pass.  I never liked Flynn even before the lie he told the VP.  Something about him that makes him sleazy. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up