Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best method to upsample image for Blurb book image wrap cover  (Read 1452 times)

Kadsura

Hi,

My first post here--but not really. I have been gone for a few years, but now I'm back!  8)

Anyway, I am using LR 6 to create a Blurb book of about 40 my scanning electron micrographs of microorganisms ( www.kevinjcarpenter.com ) . I have the standard landscape softcover looking good, but now I want to do a hardcover image wrap as well. However, the cover image needs to be enlarged slightly (from 5% to 9%), and I am getting the warning that the resolution will be less than 240 ppi (I believe it's 240). I am wondering what the best way to handle this is. Is it worth upsampling, exporting, and then re-importing? Or, does this slight enlargement really necessitate doing anything to the image? All the photos within the book are at least 240ppi. This electron microscope costs about $1M, but the camera is only 5 MP. (At least it's better than the $7M mass spectrometer I use that struggles to get even a single megapixel--for reasons I won't bore you with).

Thanks for your advice!

brianrybolt

Re: Best method to upsample image for Blurb book image wrap cover
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 05:50:33 am »

Hello,

If I understand your correctly, I would upsample the image in Lightroom and add it to you book (cover).  This should work fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up