Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing ICC profiles in C1 extremely extremely slow  (Read 2681 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Changing ICC profiles in C1 extremely extremely slow
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:30:29 pm »

Ever since I can remember in C1 when ever I attempt to change a ICC profle it takes a very long time for C1 to pull up the menu with all the ICC profiles. I am using windows. System32/spool/drivers/color

Today while trying to change the ICC profile in the edit in dialog box C1 locked up and then became unstable causing me to reboot.

Running the latest version of C1 just released but this issue has been around for me for years. 

Just curious why this one selection is so tedious?  Seems the same on all my various win machines.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

sebbe

Re: Changing ICC profiles in C1 extremely extremely slow
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 03:44:07 am »

I can't copy that. It's very fast.
As the mouse-over shows directly the impact of the Profile (a feature I really like), it may be a hardware issue. I'm not a tech pro, so its just a guess where it is located. But I think it is the grafic card power here. What grafic card is in use? Can you check it on a another computer?

IanSeward

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:36:54 am »

Ever since I can remember in C1 when ever I attempt to change a ICC profle it takes a very long time for C1 to pull up the menu with all the ICC profiles. I am using windows. System32/spool/drivers/color

Today while trying to change the ICC profile in the edit in dialog box C1 locked up and then became unstable causing me to reboot.

Running the latest version of C1 just released but this issue has been around for me for years. 

Just curious why this one selection is so tedious?  Seems the same on all my various win machines.

Paul Caldwell

I just checked and it is taking a several seconds to pull up the list when you choose "show all" in the process recipe tab.  Does sound like a bug, as pulling up the list of available profiles should be instant?

I am running an i7 at 4.3GHz, SSD with a Nvidia 1060 (6Gb) GPU on Win 10, so not computer power related.

Ian

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:30:33 am »

Paul Caldwell
I have exactly the same problem.  I raised a problem report and after trying various fixes, non of which worked, the whole thing with crash reports, system details was forwarded to the software team - I have heard nothing back for a few weeks.
In the meantime I have learned to be patient, just wait till the list eventually pops up.  >:(

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:26:44 am »

I should have be a bit more clear in my first post.  Where I see the hold, is waiting for the actual ICC menu to appear, as long as 20 seconds on  4.2 GHZ win 10 machine 32GB of ram, but it's always been like this for me on windows.  I have a lot of ICC profiles in the folder C1 is going to as I print also.  More than 200 to 250. 

On my Mac's which I don't print from C1 jumps right to the correct menu drop down.

What prompted my post last night was with the latest version 10.1.2 or whatever it is (just released), when I attempted to get to the ICC drop down the system froze for quite a while, then C1 gave me the menu.  I then proceeded to pick the wrong profile, tried again and C1 froze for good, had to reboot the PC.   Task Manger did close it, but the C1 would not open correctly until the hard reboot.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »

Instantaneous on my Win 7.1 worksation and my Win 10 laptop - literally the list is up simultaneous with releasing the mouse button

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:56 pm »

Hi EJ

Just curious how many ICC profiles are in the color folder on your machines?  I am wondering if my issue is due to the huge number of ICC profiles I have on this machine.

Thanks

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

sebbe

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:12:12 am »

I have around 30 self-made C1-ICC-profiles for one camera and about 100 printer-profiles in the profile-folder. And everything is very fast.
another aproach: If I'm using larger ICC-profiles it loads slightly slower. is it possible that you have some big files in the windows/system32/spool/drivers/color-folder (or the one of capture one)? maybe you can remove them temporarly and test if it is faster then.

I should have be a bit more clear in my first post.  Where I see the hold, is waiting for the actual ICC menu to appear, as long as 20 seconds on  4.2 GHZ win 10 machine 32GB of ram, but it's always been like this for me on windows.  I have a lot of ICC profiles in the folder C1 is going to as I print also.  More than 200 to 250. 

On my Mac's which I don't print from C1 jumps right to the correct menu drop down.

What prompted my post last night was with the latest version 10.1.2 or whatever it is (just released), when I attempted to get to the ICC drop down the system froze for quite a while, then C1 gave me the menu.  I then proceeded to pick the wrong profile, tried again and C1 froze for good, had to reboot the PC.   Task Manger did close it, but the C1 would not open correctly until the hard reboot.

Paul Caldwell

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:03:34 pm »

Hi EJ

Just curious how many ICC profiles are in the color folder on your machines?  I am wondering if my issue is due to the huge number of ICC profiles I have on this machine.

Thanks

Paul Caldwell
On the road right now so I can't count the ones on my workstation but it is likely double my laptop number which is 41.   When I get home I'll count my workstation ones...
Pages: [1]   Go Up