Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No instructions for multifunction roll for Canon P-2000  (Read 1631 times)

JudyKonopka

No instructions for multifunction roll for Canon P-2000
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:24:00 pm »

Hi,

I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find out how to use Canon's P-2000 multifunction roll.  It came with instructions on how to set the physical unit up (on the printer), but no instructions of how to load paper and how to use the instrument panel on the unit or select options on print drivers.  I called B&H and I was redirected to a special group. A man there said he would have to find someone to call me back because he didn't have instructions and that was two weeks ago. Has anyone have these or can tell me where to find them? I'd appreciate it, thank you!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: No instructions for multifunction roll for Canon P-2000
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:36:58 pm »

Have you checked pages 50 to 93, 115 to 129, 180/181, 266-276, 394-396, 426-436, 484-489, printer driver settings from 503 onward of the manual and not found what you need there?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

JudyKonopka

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 11:17:01 pm »

If I had a manual I would have checked it. That would make sense, wouldn't it.

No manual came with either the printer or multifunctional roll.  They both came with instructions on how to put everything together, but no operator's manual.

The only online resource I've been able to find is here:  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-2000/EN/CNT/Top.html?model=pro-2000

Hence, my question.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 11:51:54 pm »

If I remember correctly it was part of the software package that came with the driver and other related applications. It is a huge PDF file. If you can't find it in your Canon Utilities folder, try this link, which allows you to download it after you accept the terms and conditions:

Pro-2000 Manual PDF English
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

JudyKonopka

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:36 am »

Thank you. It came with a CD, but I don't have a CD player.  The same information is generally posted (and updated) on the internet. Much appreciated.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:35:55 am »

It's actually pretty basic to work with.  Once you connect the MFR to the printer, the drivers will automatically read it and you can choose which roll to print from (if both have paper).  Otherwise, you can still select which one to make sure that it feeds from the roll that is only loaded at the moment.  You also do the same when feeding the papers upfront.  Choose which media type on the printer and it will update via computer drivers to make sure it's the same thing you loaded.  Canon tried to make this as easy as possible.

Hope it's not too confusing, but once you load the media, select your media type, the driver will update on computer and choose which roll to print from on computer.  Nothing else needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up