Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving an Epson 4900?  (Read 958 times)

uintaangler

Moving an Epson 4900?
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:54:11 am »

We will be moving from Utah to the PNW later this month.
I will be renting a truck or trailer to move some of my more personal items, including my Epson 4900
I have the original box with packaging.
What steps should I take to prevent problems when I plug in to make a print after the printer spends 2-7 days in a box?
Thanks,
Bob

Farmer

Re: Moving an Epson 4900?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:51:39 pm »

Keep the inks in it, keep it flat, if you can tape the head to prevent it from unlocking and moving (as it was originally) that's good, but if you're not sure about where to tape and what to do, then don't do it.  Make sure the box can't move around during the drive.

Run a nozzle check and ensure the nozzles are all fine just before you pack it up - if not, clean until they're good).

Remove cables and all bits that can be so they don't rattle around, get broken etc. when packed up.

When it gets to your destination, let it sit for 24 hours for all the ink to settle, then do a nozzle check.  If it needs cleaning, go ahead, if it looks like air in the lines, let it sit another day and then continue.  The movement can stir things up.

Oh, and most importantly, have it specifically insured for the move.  If you have an accident or big potholes on the road or whatever, your regular insurance may not cover it as being part of your vehicle contents.
Phil Brown

uintaangler

Re: Moving an Epson 4900?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:41:15 am »

Thanks Phil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up