Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recognition vs Execution?  (Read 23469 times)

Patricia Sheley

Re: Recognition vs Execution?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:45 pm »

Lovely piece of thought trails Graham~ Several nice koan-like bits for those who make room for the "sticky bits" of life and experience. Thanks for the thought flow~
Lumine!
A common woman~

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 02:30:09 pm »

I'm somewhat bemused by the direction this thread's taking. It started off with the promise of a certain fecundity, that it would lead to an interesting exchange of MOs whereas, to my disappointment, it seems to me to have drifted into that no-mans land just this side of attacksville.

To make my own position crystal clear: ...

I'm also bemused that as usual this thread has turned into the Rob's thoughts on photography discussion. And if participants don't formulate their comments and opinions that allow Rob a segue for that to happen, he sees it as a disappointment and somewhat of an attack.

But since he's now mentioned he may not have time left to write a book, I have to wonder now if I'm abusing the infirmed. I don't know where I'm at in this thread.

Every photography forum I try to find online that I can meaningfully engage in either turns out to be a kindergarten of millennials ankle biting each other or a back rubbing for dusty, retired photographers.

And as usual there are over 1000 views of this thread and yet only 2 to 3 views of the posted image examples which tells me most of the folks reading this thread aren't logged in to LuLa.

Rob C

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 05:17:09 pm »

I'm also bemused that as usual this thread has turned into the Rob's thoughts on photography discussion. And if participants don't formulate their comments and opinions that allow Rob a segue for that to happen, he sees it as a disappointment and somewhat of an attack.

But since he's now mentioned he may not have time left to write a book, I have to wonder now if I'm abusing the infirmed. I don't know where I'm at in this thread.

Every photography forum I try to find online that I can meaningfully engage in either turns out to be a kindergarten of millennials ankle biting each other or a back rubbing for dusty, retired photographers.

And as usual there are over 1000 views of this thread and yet only 2 to 3 views of the posted image examples which tells me most of the folks reading this thread aren't logged in to LuLa.

Care to amplify?

Is the objection that I don't agree with everybody else; is it that I have that awful complex - an opinion of my own?
FWIW, my disappointment is not that views differ (from mine) but that I seem to be dealing with some of the wilfully blind. Of course, it might be that I lack the ability to express myself well enough - in which case - not much I can do about it. Unless, of course, I just play politics and say yeah! wonderful idea from Mr X, even if I think he doesn't get the point by a million miles?

Or, I could just say a pox on all your houses. But that would mean I'd miss a few folks I appreciate. One or two have already walked. Tough life for us dusties.

Time: who can tell how long each has? Who would want to know? I can only go by the average, and the knowledge that I'm probably one of the last men standing of my group. Not a cheery thought.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:28:21 pm by Rob C »

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 11:27:39 pm »

FWIW, my disappointment is not that views differ (from mine) but that I seem to be dealing with some of the wilfully blind.

Rob C

That's just another way of saying you think others have not brought new information to Oscar's topic by calling the photogs here as willfully blind. So why even post any replies if you have this opinion of the contributors? But yet you went on over and over and then needing to clarify again this useless obvious point that doesn't even address the topic...

I just did my best to produce as good a technical end result as I was capable of producing - I didn't want to lose clients and I needed the work. My head was seldom filled with preconceived notions of what the images were going to look like: I simply winged the whole thing.

Every time we posted our opinions we thought were interesting and added new info on the topic, you reminded us again that you shoot like you did when you worked as if you thought we were correcting or arguing with you.

If you want an interesting topic then you need to step up as well and not post with a dismissive tone to the rest of the contributors and bad mouthing other famous photographers as if you knew them in relation to how they shoot within the context of Oscar's topic. No one asked your opinion on these photographers with such comments as I don't care for XXX photographer. What the hell does that have to do with the topic?

Rob C

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2017, 03:32:33 am »

That's just another way of saying you think others have not brought new information to Oscar's topic by calling the photogs here as willfully blind. So why even post any replies if you have this opinion of the contributors? But yet you went on over and over and then needing to clarify again this useless obvious point that doesn't even address the topic...

1. Every time we posted our opinions we thought were interesting and added new info on the topic, you reminded us again that you shoot like you did when you worked as if you thought we were correcting or arguing with you.

If you want an interesting topic then you need to step up as well and not post with a dismissive tone to the rest of the contributors and 2. bad mouthing other famous photographers as if you knew them in relation to how they shoot within the context of Oscar's topic. No one asked your opinion on these photographers with such comments as I don't care for XXX photographer. 3. What the hell does that have to do with the topic?

1. "Every time we posted our opinions we thought were interesting and added new info on the topic, you reminded us again that you shoot like you did when you worked as if you thought we were correcting or arguing with you."

How odd; I was simply explaining why I believe as I believe. The only validation of point of view is that found in what we actually do; I'm sure you could write any number of theoretical variations on that, as could I, but the reality is inescapably in what we do.

2. ?

3.  I'm left wondering what, exactly, the topic has become.

"And as usual there are over 1000 views of this thread and yet only 2 to 3 views of the posted image examples which tells me most of the folks reading this thread aren't logged in to LuLa."

Is this a complaint that few have waxed eloquent over your landscapes? FWIW. the most interesting photograph, for me, has been the Boubat one, and I did respond to it.

Rob C
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:12:13 am by Rob C »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up