Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Icons in thumbnails have disappeared  (Read 1711 times)

Peter McLennan

Icons in thumbnails have disappeared
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »

The little icons inside the thumbnails that indicate such things as "this image is in a collection" or "this image has been developed" have all disappeared.  I wanted to search for all "previously processed" images, but the little "+ -" icons are missing. As are all other icons.

If I process (develop) an image, the icon appears as expected.

No recent upgrades made.  Running build 1111918.  It says "2015.10 release", but that's incorrect. I've upgraded in the last year or so.

Any ideas?

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Icons in thumbnails have disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:09:59 am »

In the grid view, hitting "J" cycles through different ways of viewing (or not viewing) the information set up in the "Library View Options" window ("Command-J").  Perhaps you inadvertently hit "J" at some point while in the grid view.

I don't know how (or even whether) developing would effect this.  I tried a quick test starting from the thumbnails having no information, developing an image, and then viewing once again in grid, but the icons you refer to did not reappear.  Hitting "J" in the develop module turns the clipped warnings on and off.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 08:55:30 pm »

Jeffrey, thank you!  Your suggestion mostly solved it.  I still can't see the "previously adjusted" icon in all directories, but hitting the "J" key restored most of them.  I don't think I could have discovered that without your helpful hint.

Again, thanks!

Peter

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:17:20 pm »

You're welcome, Peter.  Glad to have helped.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

martabrody

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:54:35 am »

In the Develop module right click on the photo in the film strip.  Click on view options, then choose show badges. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up