Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer Stands /platforms that stand out  (Read 1311 times)

Pluminland

Printer Stands /platforms that stand out
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:44:59 am »

I have a nice new Epson P800 printer that I like very much.   

It's time to get it off  the temporary table I have it on and get it on a proper stand.  A stand/table that has plenty of storage for printing paper, ink, cutting tools and the other parephenaila that we use when printing. 

Can anybody recommend a stand/table/platform etc. of any kind that they think really is useful and functional and passes the 'spouse' test (not ugly)?

Thanks.

rdonson

Re: Printer Stands /platforms that stand out
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:02 am »

It depends... ;D  Do you wish the printer to be at a height you can easily access when sitting or... should it be a stand that is best accessed while standing?
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:51:34 am »

Here's something that Kevin bought for LuLa.  Not my cup of tea but it's an idea to consider.

https://luminous-landscape.com/printer-cart-epson-p800-canon-pro-1000-printer/
Regards,
Ron

Pluminland

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:40:01 am »

It depends... ;D  Do you wish the printer to be at a height you can easily access when sitting or... should it be a stand that is best accessed while standing?

Standing height for me.

Good question. :-)

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:04:35 am »

Despite my "studio" being its own space above the garages and not anywhere my wife or guests generally go my wife vetoed my choice for a stand as "too industrial".  Yes, it would easily handle me sitting on it but what the heck I'm just a guy not an interior decorator.   ;D

Anyway, my wife ordered two of these for me and they're working well for me.  I'm probably going to add another shelf for each to handle more of my papers, foam core, etc.   It was easy to assemble and suits my purposes.  I have them side by side in my "studio". 

https://www.wayfair.com/Beachcrest-Home%E2%84%A2-Lakeland-Kitchen-Island-SEHO3013.html

BTW, I use the term "studio" loosely.  I have no lighting set up there for photography.  It a place that houses my computers, printers, print viewing stand and collection of all my photographic gear. 

Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up