Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX 50s 1.10 firmware  (Read 2638 times)

dblom

Re: Fuji GFX 50s 1.10 firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:22:46 am »

Tried out the wifi tethering last night. They're not recommending it for RAW files and year that is painfully slow. Did not try JPGs since I never shoot jpg.

@FUJI:Add a feature where S/M/L jogs can be transferred via wifi and the RAF would write to the card simultaneously!

pschefz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:48:13 am »

maybe the bar for fuji firmware is set too high....i don't really see any improvement with AF, the wifi tethering is pointless because it requires a router and yes, raws are too big anyway....LR tethering works really well, so far bulletproof for me, wifi tethering could be interesting for location but the need for a router....

that is one thing i really like on the X1D (H6D)....they really have a great wifi/ipad system worked out....i think the iPad app just reads the files on the back/camera without actually downloading? thumbs pop up instantly and you can zoom in all the way....and the files don't bog down the iPad and stay on the card.....it really just makes a really big screen to check and keep track of the shoot....perfect....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 12:30:11 pm »

As I understand it the FujiFilm camera remote app does the same thing you like about the X1D, basically just reads the image off the camera and puts a thumbnail that can be enlarged on the smartphone or ipad.  Just like the X-T2 or any X camera does.

This allows you to check the files, zoom etc, and use various iPad software tools on them.

As for tethering via wifi, I don't ever see that working well with a raw file period, just too large a file and too many risks of corruptions during load.   I agree needing a router is a problem.

Best solution for tethering is the way C1/P1 do it, at least for me, but odds are that will not happen for the GFX or any other Fuji camera. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

pschefz

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »

As I understand it the FujiFilm camera remote app does the same thing you like about the X1D, basically just reads the image off the camera and puts a thumbnail that can be enlarged on the smartphone or ipad.  Just like the X-T2 or any X camera does.

This allows you to check the files, zoom etc, and use various iPad software tools on them.

As for tethering via wifi, I don't ever see that working well with a raw file period, just too large a file and too many risks of corruptions during load.   I agree needing a router is a problem.

Best solution for tethering is the way C1/P1 do it, at least for me, but odds are that will not happen for the GFX or any other Fuji camera. 

Paul Caldwell
the fuji app does a similar thing as many other apps, it imports a jpeg (i think with the XT2 or smaller cameras you can do raw as well)....you get the raw file in the phocus app....instantly....i don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes but it just works perfectly, fast and you get the full file to play with, not the preview as with the fuji app....

i honestly don't see any advantage of C1 over the LR tether function with the GFX....it actually looks to me that LR handles dis and re-connecting the cable better then C1....but it is splitting hairs, both are bulletproof....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »

I don't know Phocus, however if they can read a full raw file and send it over a wifi ink to a ipad to allow a zoom I am impressed.  Capture Pilot is only bringing over a jpg, for it's process. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

pschefz

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 02:35:02 pm »

I don't know Phocus, however if they can read a full raw file and send it over a wifi ink to a ipad to allow a zoom I am impressed.  Capture Pilot is only bringing over a jpg, for it's process. 

Paul Caldwell

check it out when you get a chance....on the H6 for example....i think the way it works is that the app makes the iPad work like the rear LCD screen...i don't think any files actually come over, it somehow seems to read the files the same way the back reads them when you zoom in (for example)....
i think capture does a similar thing in the capture pilot app....but that one obviously needs a computer to run.....

like i said, i don't really know how it works exactly, but i do know that once you have your iPad connected to the camera (or back) the thumbs pop up instantly, you can click on the thumbs, they open up instantly and you can pinch-zoom in all the way to 100% as fast as you can on the LCD screen on the back....and afaik no files are actually sent to the iPad.....i am assuming the iPad only reads the (bigger and bigger) previews as needed....

it is by far the best implementation of wifi, app, iPad i have seen...and i honestly don't understand why hasselblad are the only ones doing this....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 12:29:02 pm »

Doesn't capture pilot do the exact same thing. No need for a computer. Just use wifi and connect it to the phase back. It has been like that for ages, nothing new.

Haven't had time to play with the Fuji app so can't say much about it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p
Pages: [1]   Go Up