Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gfx image circle booster for Canon etc.  (Read 2601 times)

araucaria

Re: gfx image circle booster for Canon etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:07:40 am »

That's called a teleconverter.

pschefz

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:04:03 pm »

Why buy a GFX in the first place, if your are going to use an optical degrading tool such as this? Makes no sense to me.
in general i agree....and to get the best IQ out of the camera the native fuji lenses are an easy choice, especially since in the big picture they are reasonably priced and excellent quality....
but i also personally found that sometimes it is fun to paint with a different brush...one that might not draw the perfect line and the imperfections add to the overall look....being able to use pretty much any piece of glass (on for example the sonys) has opened doors that just weren't there before....i have a couple of old, beat up lenses that produce effects that are hard to duplicate and it is great to create this stuff in camera anyway....
i think fuji was very smart to open the GFX to all lenses....there is no drawback but a lot of upsides to this....

what i don't understand is trying to use very good modern DSLR glass via an adapter (such like this one) on a camera like the GFX....there won't be an effect, just degraded performance without AF.....i am not really sure why i would use a (let's say) sigma 50 on the GFX via this adapter instead of on my (for example) nikon 810....the 810/50 combo would probably give me better results with much easier handling....

i think the sony GM lenses are some of the best glass i have ever used but even if i could use them on the GFX, it just does not make sense to me at all....fuji glass is better, works better on the GFX (just like the GM does on the sonys)....
but it is awesome that i can use old russian, leica, nikon, canon,....lenses on both....
but also really does not bother me if there is vignetting on the GFX with some or all of them....that said i did send them an email since i do own the GFX and would still like to try this adapter to see what it can and can't do....
always better to have more options....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 03:38:49 pm »

Because there is some 35 glass whichever works amazingly well on the GFX and there are no Fuji solutions on the near future. (Like 180mm lens)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

pschefz

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:40:05 pm »

True, but on the comparisons that I've seen between the GFX files and the Sony A7Rii files, the difference is not that noticeable. All that great 35mm glass will surely take a hit from the Tele Converter, making that difference even narrower, if not making the GFX files downright inferior.

exactly....the better the glass the less this adapter makes sense...
schefz.com
artloch.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »

exactly....the better the glass the less this adapter makes sense...

Sure, just get another Sony body :)
Oh, wait, maybe it does make sense to buy an adapter rather than an adapter AND a body.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

pschefz

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »

Sure, just get another Sony body :)
Oh, wait, maybe it does make sense to buy an adapter rather than an adapter AND a body.

Edmund

no, just don't buy the GFX:)
schefz.com
artloch.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 05:46:33 am »

no, just don't buy the GFX:)

Drat, reasonable people keep stating the obvious :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BCMielke

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 08:43:36 am »

Drat, reasonable people keep stating the obvious :)

Edmund

Your looking at this all wrong.  Unless of course it was an effort to push the Sony camera onto people

I don't like Sony bodies, but I do like Fuji bodies. 

I like adapting lenses and do it for almost all of my bodies.  For me that's fun.  Since this is a hobby I try to have the most fun that I can have with it.  For me that's putting different glass on a body.  If I liked Sony cameras I would do it with that camera as well.  Sometimes I find that adapting glass doesn't work out and I may never do it again.  Sometimes I find I can bring two cameras and use the same glass on it. 

It's whatever creates your own fun.  Frankly I don't understand why anyone would use a Sony.  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up