Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Epson SureColor Px000 Maintenance

(1/11) > >>

jlamont:
I am considering the purchase of an Epson 9000 for my business and need to have answers to various maintenance issues before deciding. I have been very satisfied during my six years with an Epson 7900, though at times I have been concerned by the news of random head (piezo electric?) failures in this class of printers. Based on this experience my most pressing question is:

* How do I change the wiper blade that cleans the head?
   Please note that I said "I"; I really do not want to have to bring in tech support for such a simple and relatively frequent job. During the six years with my Epson 7900, for example, I have had to change the wiper blade at least four times, each time a five minute job using a $25 part. A near certain diagnostic for when the wiper (very soft rubber) needs replacing is random, sporadic ink spattering.

Epson Canada does not appear to want to tell me this information. All I know at this time is that I cannot use precisely the same method as for my 7900, since the 9000 does not appear to have the same interface that lets me move the print head away from the wiper with the 7900.

Many thanks.

jlamont:
The silence is deafening!

I am surprised. I believe there are a number of you who have one of the new Epson widebed printers, either 24" or 44". How are you planning to maintain them? What do you plan to do, for example, when the wiper blade of your machine needs changing? Maybe I'm missing something here?

mikev1:
Yes, you are missing how relatively quiet this forum is.  There are only a handful of posts each day.  I am sure someone will provide some insights eventually.

Farmer:
I imagine that most people who have spent 5 figures on a new printer will follow the user guide and not attempt to touch parts that are not designed for end-user maintenance.

Wayne Fox:
I ran a 9900 for several years, pulled the wiper on several occasions, and it didn't even need cleaned, let alone replaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version