Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 9 Complete top button set disappeared  (Read 2493 times)

The View

C1 9 Complete top button set disappeared
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:39:08 am »

Suddenly there is no reset button on my adjustments where you can erase all adjustments.

My whole toolbar had been cleaned out suddenly. What happened?

I am dragging in some of the symbols again, but the set of tool tips that was above the main window has gone.

Why does Capture One removes the tools in the toolbar without warning?

And how do I get my tooltips above the main window back so I can switch from white balance tool to the hand tool with a click?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:53:43 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: C1 9 Complete top button set disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:30:05 am »

I would reset the workspace.

Also what version of Capture One?  9.3?

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

The View

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 12:40:21 am »

Then I lose everything.

I hate it when software does that to remove functions without warning.

I'm on 9.2.1
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 02:44:51 am »

Then I lose everything.

I hate it when software does that to remove functions without warning.

I'm on 9.2.1
You don't lose anything.  David isn't saying to reinstall, in which case yous till wouldn't lose anything but rather just reset the Workspace by clicking on Window > Workspace and then reloading your Workspace if you have saved it previously - you should have done that.  But if you haven't just reset the workspace and then take a couple of minutes to reset it the way you had it - it doesn't take long.  Then make sure you save it so that in the future it's just a quick mouseclick or three away to return you to your workspace.  I haven't had this ever happen to me in C1 but it seems to happen with some regularity in Adobe stuff to me.

The View

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »

How do you choose the tool tips tab appear above the viewer? I looked everywhere - couldn't find such a command.

I didn't save any workspace - so I'd have to set it up again.

Will save workspaces in the future...

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 06:47:16 pm »

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "tool tips tab" - it isn't a phrase normally associated with C1 - it likely has a different name but I just don't know what you mean.

The View

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 03:41:54 am »

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "tool tips tab" - it isn't a phrase normally associated with C1 - it likely has a different name but I just don't know what you mean.

It's above the main viewer.

You can switch from the white balance tool top to the hand tool that moves the image or allows you to zoom in by double-clicking.

After adjusting color using a color picker, for example, you have to click the hand symbol to get the hand tool. Those symbols, above the viewer, are no longer there and there's no interface to make them appear again.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 06:36:32 am »

You can switch from the white balance tool top to the hand tool that moves the image or allows you to zoom in by double-clicking.

After adjusting color using a color picker, for example, you have to click the hand symbol to get the hand tool. Those symbols, above the viewer, are no longer there and there's no interface to make them appear again.

Hi,

You can adjust the toolbar by right-mouse-button clicking on it, or restore the default set to select from. You then drag the various tools to the place you prefer. Then save the workspace, in case you want/need to restore to a baseline layout.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 01:48:02 am »

Ah OK, hadn't heard that name for that bar before.  As Bart said, you can just right click in that area and uncheck The Hide Toolbar line.
Pages: [1]   Go Up