Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Racetrack  (Read 1601 times)

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
The Racetrack
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:29:14 am »

The Racetrack, in Death Valley, where the stones travel by themselves, is an incredible location. The long off-road drive to get there is definitely worth it: seeing and photographing these stones with their trails is magic, every time.

Leica SL (Typ 601) and Voigtlander 15mm. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: The Racetrack
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 04:01:29 am »

Fantastic.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:47 am »

Well done.  For all the damage out on the playa lately, you did well.  Your composition is well handled and I like the sky and that you used black and white.  A great keeper.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:23:36 pm »

It could be my screen, or for that matter me, but I would like a tad more light so I can read the foreground texture better.
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:22:00 pm »

The texture seems reasonable on my screen, maybe a bit heavy on the vignette, but the clouds are way way too dark for my taste. The diffused light on the ground no longer makes sense. I can maybe live with the dark rocks which give it an outerworldly appearance, but the sky is just a bit too much.

Composition of course is first rate.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

francois

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:17:44 am »

It's another winner. The sky is fantastic. Composition and treatment are top-notch, as usual!
Francois

Vieri Bottazzini

• WEBSITES
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »

Fantastic.

Thank you very much Paulo! :)

Well done.  For all the damage out on the playa lately, you did well.  Your composition is well handled and I like the sky and that you used black and white.  A great keeper.

thank you Kevin! Yes, when I went this winter there was a lot of damage to the playa, sadly :( Still, rocks and compositions could be found, but I really couldn't believe it how people massacred the poor playa. Hope they catch them and throw them in jail for a long time.

It could be my screen, or for that matter me, but I would like a tad more light so I can read the foreground texture better.

The texture seems reasonable on my screen, maybe a bit heavy on the vignette, but the clouds are way way too dark for my taste. The diffused light on the ground no longer makes sense. I can maybe live with the dark rocks which give it an outerworldly appearance, but the sky is just a bit too much.

Composition of course is first rate.

Thank you both for your comments, much appreciated - I appreciate it that not everyone will like the vignette and my treatment of the sky, matter of taste I guess ;)

It's another winner. The sky is fantastic. Composition and treatment are top-notch, as usual!

Thank you very much Francois, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Vieri Bottazzini
Ambassador for Phase One, H&Y Filters & NYA-EVO
https://linktr.ee/vieribottazzini
Pages: [1]   Go Up