Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color management issue with calibrating dell u3011 with i1 display pro  (Read 1450 times)

rllr

I am not a professional, but I'm trying to improve my color workflow and I keep having an issue where I produce an image on my calibrated dell u3011 monitor (which I recalibrate every 3-4 weeks), and it looks great until I try to view it on another device (mobile phone, iPad, etc.) and then I find the colors are shifted way too heavily towards blue and cyan, so much so that it completely ruins the image and the color contrast I see on my dell monitor is gone leaving a flat muddy mess of incongruous colors.

Does anyone know what might be happening?  I initially thought it was a problem converting from adobe RGB to sRGB for web or applications not reading icc profiles, but that does not seem to be the case.  Do I simply need to bite the bullet and invest in an NEC or EIZO?

Thanks so much

daicehawk

I am not a professional, but I'm trying to improve my color workflow and I keep having an issue where I produce an image on my calibrated dell u3011 monitor (which I recalibrate every 3-4 weeks), and it looks great until I try to view it on another device (mobile phone, iPad, etc.) and then I find the colors are shifted way too heavily towards blue and cyan, so much so that it completely ruins the image and the color contrast I see on my dell monitor is gone leaving a flat muddy mess of incongruous colors.

Does anyone know what might be happening?  I initially thought it was a problem converting from adobe RGB to sRGB for web or applications not reading icc profiles, but that does not seem to be the case.  Do I simply need to bite the bullet and invest in an NEC or EIZO?

Thanks so much
Describe your exact workflow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up