Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Rain cover for Canon 5D3 for Iceland trip

(1/4) > >>

cortlander:
I am spending a couple of weeks in Iceland from next week and need recommendations for rain cover for my Canon 5D Mark III. The lenses that I am taking with me include Canon F/4L 11-24 mm which is a bit of a monster, Canon f/4L IS 300mm with a 1.4x extender, Canon f/4L 70-200mm.

Suggestions will me much appreciated.
Best,

E.J. Peiker:
I've been to Iceland a dozen times.  I generally just use the shower cap from whatever hotels I'm staying at :)

mbaginy:

--- Quote from: E.J. Peiker on May 21, 2017, 10:19:25 pm ---I've been to Iceland a dozen times.  I generally just use the shower cap from whatever hotels I'm staying at :)

--- End quote ---
+1
In addition, I always have a few plastic bags in my backpack onto which I can kneel when shooting at ground level.

Kevin Raber:
I have been to Iceland and encountered every kind of weather you can imagine.  I just use plastic bags and towels and keep my camera in a pack until I'm ready to use it.  Most gears these days can take a bit or weather.  Lens cloths are important though so have a bunch of those.  On the lenses, you mention you don't have anything in the mid range like a 24-105 or 24-70.  You'll find that lens in the environment of Iceland will be used the most.  If this is your first trip there you will enjoy it.  It is rather tourist-heavy these days so make sure you visit locations at times only photographers would be crazy enough to be shooting. On my summer workshops, we do most of our shooting between midnight and 7 AM.  Some amazing light at those hours.

TonyVentourisPhotography:
Since you asked for a recommendation... I have used the Op/Tech quick rain covers.  It's basically a plastic bag.  However, if you want a serious rain cover especially for the telephotos look at ThinkTank Photo's Hydrophobia.  Those are pretty much the gold standard rain cover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version