Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dry mounting advice  (Read 990 times)

John Chardine

• chardine photography
dry mounting advice
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »

I have just sold a print that will go to Australia. A framer there is handling that part of it. I've been asked about dry mounting the print due to concerns about humidity and heat in Australia. The print is on Epson Velvet Fine Art paper printed on an Epson p800. Does anyone see any issues with dry mounting such a print if this is the way they decide to go? I've been told the mounting process involves some heat. I have no experience with this at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mearussi

Re: dry mounting advice
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 03:42:18 pm »

I have just sold a print that will go to Australia. A framer there is handling that part of it. I've been asked about dry mounting the print due to concerns about humidity and heat in Australia. The print is on Epson Velvet Fine Art paper printed on an Epson p800. Does anyone see any issues with dry mounting such a print if this is the way they decide to go? I've been told the mounting process involves some heat. I have no experience with this at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My first reaction is why isn't the framer dry mounting it themselves? Also, if it's a relative large print shipping a large flat print will be far more expensive than shipping a rolled print.

pearlstreet

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »

John, you will have no issues with dry mounting that piece. I have our photos dry mounted so they remain flat. The framer should be able to do that.  Done correctly, it won't change your print at all and it will always stay flat.

enduser

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 09:00:15 pm »

Most major population centers in Australia have climate similar to what's found found all over the US. I doubt any mounting done to US standards would fare any worse in Oz.

John Chardine

• chardine photography
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:50:31 pm »

Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up