Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refillable Cartridges Question  (Read 1724 times)

graeme

Refillable Cartridges Question
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »

I'm running two printers with refillable cartridges ( an Epson 1500W with a BW Farbenwerk inkset & a 4 colour Canon with Lyson dye inks ).

I don't trust the chips on the cartridges to be entirely reliable at keeping me informed about the actual ink levels in them: I've already had a couple run dry in the Canon without getting an 'Empty' message.

Can anyone see any problems with me regularly topping up the cartridges while they're actually in the printer ( while being careful not to overfill )? I've had a couple of problems with chips not being recognised after they've been removed & refitted.

Advice appreciated as always.

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
Re: Refillable Cartridges Question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:54 am »

For years I followed that practice -- of refilling the cartridges while still in the printer -- but even though I tried to be careful not to overfill, some ink invariably spilled over and created quite a mess.  So, now I just remove the cartridges to refill -- seeing clearly the increasing levels of ink -- then using a chip re-setter to get the printer to accept -- not reject -- the refilled cartridge.  Much cleaner operation.
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

graeme

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:27:36 pm »

For years I followed that practice -- of refilling the cartridges while still in the printer -- but even though I tried to be careful not to overfill, some ink invariably spilled over and created quite a mess.  So, now I just remove the cartridges to refill -- seeing clearly the increasing levels of ink -- then using a chip re-setter to get the printer to accept -- not reject -- the refilled cartridge.  Much cleaner operation.

Thanks Jim, I'll bear that in mind.

donbga

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:33:01 am »

Thanks Jim, I'll bear that in mind.

Take a look at Jose Rodriquez videos on YouTube.
Jose Rodriquez

graeme

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:10:04 pm »

Take a look at Jose Rodriquez videos on YouTube.
Jose Rodriquez

Thanks for the link but I thought the guy was excruciating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up