Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need dimensions of Canon ProGraph Pro 2000 Printer Only  (Read 1487 times)

JudyKonopka

Need dimensions of Canon ProGraph Pro 2000 Printer Only
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:32:41 pm »

Hello,

I can't believe I've spent HOURS on trying to find the dimensions Width, Depth, Height, of the printer only (no stand, no base, no basket). I am trying to purchase this printer and want to make sure I can get it down my narrow hallway into a room where I will assemble it onto the base with the basket. On all the product info, they have it listed with the baset and stand.  I've called Canon (about five different numbers) and have been promised help, but either they haven't emailed me back or they just give me another number). I've called B&H (where I wanted to buy it), and they can't give it to me either - they told me to call Canon (and Canon told me to call B&H).  I'm at my wits end!  Would anyone be so kind as to measure this printer for me? I just need the three numbers of the printer itself.  Thanks!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Need dimensions of Canon ProGraph Pro 2000 Printer Only
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:46:35 pm »

Judy,

The problem is that the printer comes disassembled in a package of separate boxes with different components that you assemble in situ, so what you need are the dimensions of the largest piece once unpacked. In a way this is good for you, but the information may not be readily at hand. The body of the printer is separate from the stand as packed. The width is about 44 inches, the depth about 39 inches, and from the looks of Figure 1 of my review (this website), it would appear the height is less than the depth. I don't have one of these printers - I prepared my review using one at the Canon Printer Lab in Markham Ontario, so I can't be more precise than what the spec sheet says and what I can surmise from my photo.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

JudyKonopka

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:47:02 pm »

Judy,

The problem is that the printer comes disassembled in a package of separate boxes with different components that you assemble in situ, so what you need are the dimensions of the largest piece once unpacked. In a way this is good for you, but the information may not be readily at hand. The body of the printer is separate from the stand as packed. The width is about 44 inches, the depth about 39 inches, and from the looks of Figure 1 of my review (this website), it would appear the height is less than the depth. I don't have one of these printers - I prepared my review using one at the Canon Printer Lab in Markham Ontario, so I can't be more precise than what the spec sheet says and what I can surmise from my photo.

Mark, you are exactly right - it is in different pieces and that's why I am looking for EXACT dimensions of the printer unit - the biggest piece I have to bring through the hallway.  This seems to baffle a lot of people for some strange reason.   I am unsure what "website" you meant as I don't see a link.  I did get some info here on this site, http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/canon-imageprograf-pro-2000-printer-review/ , but the numbers are difficult for me to figure out and they don't seem to match here: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-2000/EN/LBGB/tp000183.html  I found that last site on my own and don't know if it's an official Canon site (no one at Canon seems to know about it). That's why I am KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED some kind soul could validate those figures for me before a huge pallet ends up on my front yard and I have to pay to send it back.  Thanks.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:13:42 pm »

From the Canon website:  46.0 (H) x 43.7 (W) x 38.7 (D) (with basket open)   You can see that the printer unit is about 1/2 the total height.  I think is pretty safe to assume that the overall dimensions of the printer are 23x43.7x38.7 which is pretty close to what Mark mentions.  Of course these are the unpacked dimensions.  I have no idea what the shipping box dimensions are.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/professional-large-format-printers/professional-photo-fine-art/imageprograf-pro-2000

JudyKonopka

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:31:08 pm »

From the Canon website:  46.0 (H) x 43.7 (W) x 38.7 (D) (with basket open)   You can see that the printer unit is about 1/2 the total height.  I think is pretty safe to assume that the overall dimensions of the printer are 23x43.7x38.7 which is pretty close to what Mark mentions.  Of course these are the unpacked dimensions.  I have no idea what the shipping box dimensions are.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/professional-large-format-printers/professional-photo-fine-art/imageprograf-pro-2000

Thanks Alan! I called back B&H and finally got the dimensions. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up