Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon service for crub between sensor and AA  (Read 2606 times)

raptorsys

Canon service for crub between sensor and AA
« on: August 13, 2006, 06:40:56 pm »

I have had three DSLR's and have been able to clean the sensors on all but the Canon 1Ds Mark II.  The Nikon D100 and Canon 1D Mark II with cropped sensors (1.5 and 1.3) have been no real problem to clean but the 1DS Mark II has been hell.  It's so tight in the chamber that getting ANY cleaning device in there without touching the sides is darn near impossible.  And now it looks like I may have gotten some Eclipse fluid between the sensor and the AA filter as there is a smuge like thing in the top right corner of the frame that doesn't change with cleaning.

I've tried EVERYTHING:  Visible Dust sensor brush, copper hill method, Sensor swabs with Eclipse, and the new SensorKlear from Lenspen -- all to no avail for this smuge so I have to believe the crub is between the sensor and the AA filter.  So, if that's the case I'd like to know if any repair is possible by sending it back to Canon or anyone else for the matter.  If so, what can I expect to pay?

Thanks,

Brian

Julian Love

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:55:21 am »

Brian,

I have a similar problem with my 1DsM2...spots of fluid or something about 1/3 into the frame. It doesn't shift with cleaning either. I brought it up in a thread here but nobody had any good ideas, but it hadn't occured to me that it might be UNDER the AA filter.

I would be interested to hear if you manage find somewhere that will clean it and correct the problem.

Julian

raptorsys

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:34:54 pm »

I have heard some say that it can't be fixed because you can't remove the AA filter, but then there are those IR mod outfits that remove the AA filter and replace it with a filter that permits IR to pass.

So the short answer is I don't know.

I can kind of live with the defect for now but would dearly love to have it gone...

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up