Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel Location Photoshop  (Read 2375 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Panel Location Photoshop
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:43:03 pm »

Using photoshop CC 2017 on a new MAC with a dual monitor setup.

I have saved a workspace but Each time I open,  the panels show up all over the place.  Photoshop is not remembering the location I set for them and I have to move them back to where I want them each time.

Can You Help

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Panel Location Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »

Might this have something to do with resetting your workspace using the workspace dropdown menu? (I'm using CC 2015.5, but I assume the menu works the same way.  Also, I don't work with dual monitors so I don't know if that adds any complexity to the situation.)
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:31:35 pm »

MDIJB....

After you get the workspace set up the way you like it...

- Window
- - Workspace
- - - New Workspace

and give the new workspace a name.  After that PS should remember that and if you have several workspaces defined you should also be able to select the one you want for the task you created it for.

Hope I understood your issue...
Regards,
Ron

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:57:12 pm »

I did save a workspace and then duplicated it.  My panels are on the second monitor.  When opening CC, one or more of the panels will appear on the primary monitor, NOt where they should be.

After Selecting the duplicate workspace, the panel remains on the primary monitor instead of showing on  the secondary monitor.

I have to move the panel manually and this occurs frequently.  CC does not remeber the panel locations.  It has become irritating needing do this so often.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:51:51 pm »

Michael,

Have you tried going into "Preferences" in PS and under "Workspace" clicking on "Restore Default Workspaces"??

I use CC PS 2017.1.1 with 2 monitors on my iMac (mid 2011) without issues.  Yes, I put a number of panels on the second monitor as I like to have the main monitor (iMac) for the image I'm editing.
Regards,
Ron

Peano

• Radiant Pics
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 07:50:53 pm »

I did save a workspace and then duplicated it.  My panels are on the second monitor.  When opening CC, one or more of the panels will appear on the primary monitor, NOt where they should be.
When that happens, is your previously saved and named workspace the active workspace when you check Window > Workspace?

Also: If you saved a workspace, why did you duplicate it?

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »

Yes, the workspace I created is the active one.

I made a duplicate to see if choosing that one would move the panels to the right location--sometimes tahat work, but today it did not--the errant panel remained on the primary monitor.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »

MDIJB

I get this with Windows 8 and PS CS5 on my business computer.. No solution that I know of apart from swapping the monitors.
My main image editing computer has the panels on the primary monitor so the issue doesn't arise there thank heavens.
David

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:17:46 pm »

First let me say that I'm not very well versed in Photoshop at all..

But I have had a similar situation start happening - where panels would not remember their size or locations, or expanded/collapsed status.

IIRC, after I 'blew up' the preferences folder by renaming it, the problem went away.  So you may want to try that.  If that helps, you can then start copying over your needed preferences in a 1-by-1, 2-by-1, or (...) fashion.  As I don't really use PS, I just left it at the reset and reordered a new workspace and manually changed some Edit->Preferences back.

You may want to even just start with renaming the Workspaces folders and "Workspace Prefs.psp" file.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:06:25 am by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

BAB

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 09:52:52 am »

You might find your answer in this post....I'm going to try these suggestions myself this morning.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1695631
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up