Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1P process recipe "destination" not part of recipe?  (Read 2346 times)

jimh

• Jim H Photo
C1P process recipe "destination" not part of recipe?
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:26:44 am »

Isn't there a way to make the 'destination' unique for a recipe? I typically want a large jpg in one folder, and a small one in another.   But when I select and  output folder it becomes common to all the recipes.  Why isn't this setting part of the recipe?  I must be missing something.

Malcolm Payne

Re: C1P process recipe "destination" not part of recipe?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:59:50 am »

Hi Jim,

If I have understood you correctly and if you are using the Pro version of C1, this should be simple:

Make one recipe for your large jpeg. The Root Folder under the File tab should be set as Output Location. In the Sub Folder field in that tab, type 'Large jpg' or whatever you wish your folder to be named. This Sub Folder name is specific to and is saved with the individual recipe.

Make a second recipe for your small jpeg. The Root Folder should be Output Location as above, then type 'Small jpg' or whatever in the Sub Folder field.

Put a checkmark next to each recipe and process the files, which will be sorted into the relevant folders which have been automatically created within the default Output folder.

Some confusion can occur if you have previously set an alternative Destination in the Output Location 'tool' (window) - you may need to reset the tool via the ellipsis in the top right corner if this is the case.

Hope that helps.

Malcolm

jimh

• Jim H Photo
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:21:26 pm »

That doesn't quite do it because my destinations are preexisting folders. I don't want to be creating new folders each time. I really need different destinations.

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:34:35 pm »

Using existing folders should not be a problem.

The PROCESS RECIPE tool / File / Root Folder can point to Output Location tool and the OUTPUT LOCATION tool / Destination  can be set to a existing folder.
The Sample Path in the OUTPUT LOCATION tool will show you where your images will go.

I did find it interesting that the Output Location Path will change using the same Recipe on different sessions or catalogs. Looking inside the receipt XML file there some tokens that are filled in depending on the session or catalog you have active. Kind of a mystery to me how that all works.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 02:04:26 pm »

Click on the File tab Root Folder field where it is currently set to Output Location and then on Select Folder at the bottom of the drop-down menu, then select your pre-existing folder for that recipe. That folder will then stick with the recipe and will be used for all output from that recipe in future. Any previous destination in the Output Location tool will be ignored with this setting.

If your files appear as EmptyName.jpg you may need to reset the Output Naming tool - it should (probably) have the [Image Name] token in the Format field.

Is that what you needed? If not, probably one of the Capture one experts here will be able to give you better advice than I can.

jimh

• Jim H Photo
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »

Setting File/Root Folder to my  pre-existing folder accomplishes what I want. It seems strange to also have an Output Location setting, which is now totally ignored - I don't understand the difference in purpose.  But I'll let that go.  Thanks for the tip.

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 02:30:58 am »

Setting File/Root Folder to my  pre-existing folder accomplishes what I want. It seems strange to also have an Output Location setting, which is now totally ignored - I don't understand the difference in purpose.  But I'll let that go.  Thanks for the tip.

"Output location" is a session relative concept - it's basically the folder marked with the little cog in the library and each session can have one.

When building a destination, the recipe can either start there, the same folder of the source file being processed (image folder) or a chosen folder (select folder...). The last two override the output location if chosen.
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S
Pages: [1]   Go Up