Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: High resolution, scaled focus dial for the Actus??  (Read 1069 times)

BobDavid

Re: High resolution, scaled focus dial for the Actus??
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »

My hunch is that the Apo 80mm N and the WA 60mm Rodagons are capable of rendering 100 MP. Offhand, I don't know the image circles of the EL lenses. I'm sure the 80 would suffice.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »

I have had a look at the Rodenstock site. I can't translate the MTFs to MP, but they are impressive. And the 60 mm will fill 6x6, the 80 mm 6x7. The prices are in the same range as the Actars.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »

The new Actus DB2 does have a detente for the swing now, as well as for all other adjustments.  Several other changes have migrated into various versions of this camera including scales on the monorail, a few things moved around etc.

I assume these changes are also in the Actus mini, since the only difference is the block under the front which raises the lens/tilt/swing assembly, and in fact you can remove or add this block to turn a mini into a DB2 and vice versa.

I haven’t had the db2 long, but have enjoyed it.  I do wish the focusing adjustment was a little more “fine”, but it still works quite well for my uses, maybe more challenging for the OP’s use which sounds like focus stacking macro work.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »

Thanks for your reply, Wayne. - What you write sounds good. I have sent a little inquiry to Cambo, so I hope for an answer every day, then we'll know for sure. - I use focus stacking with almost every image, but it's landscape, not macro.

BobDavid

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 10:00:20 AM »

Cambo has great customer service. ... I bought a minty APO 80mm f/4 N Rodagon on eBay for $400. That was a few years ago. I got the Rodagon WA from Capture Integration. The price was reasonable. Steve Hendrix at CI is extremely knowledgeable about the Cambo Actus and accessories. He's a great guy to do business with.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up