Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shake Reduction in Photoshop questions  (Read 2156 times)

tonysiciliano1

• Tony Siciliano Photography
Shake Reduction in Photoshop questions
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »

I have a few questions. How is SR different than sharpening? They both usually create a white halo against the sky that needs to be dealt with. I've been using the default settings (usually 31-35/Auto/30/30). Does anyone actually play with the settings? Your experience/advice would be appreciated. And lastly, at what point do you use the filter? I have been using it immediately after creating the background layer. Since I sharpen last, and usually remove the halo using a New layer and the clone tool in Darker mode, that means I have to do it twice: once for SR and once for sharpening. It would be nice to only have to do it once. Is there any reason not to use SR at the end of the editing process, just before sharpening? Know of any really good video reviews (that go into detail about changing the settings) other than the score of ones that pop up when googling it? Most are short and just go through the process of how to use it.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Shake Reduction in Photoshop questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:24:48 am »

Chris Orwig has a video on Linda dot com (https://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Improved-Smart-Sharpen/120604/135004-4.html) that covers some of what you've asked about.  Perhaps you'll find it sufficient.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

mediumcool

Re: Shake Reduction in Photoshop questions
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:09 pm »

Old posts, I know. But Capture One has a new-ish control in its SHARPENING tab, the Halo suppression slider; it works quite well.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool
Pages: [1]   Go Up