Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 will not load roll paper - paper jam message  (Read 1026 times)

Pluminland

P800 will not load roll paper - paper jam message
« on: May 05, 2017, 03:38:24 pm »

I am trying to load some roll paper into my P800 using the roll kit that I purchased with the printer.

It keeps giving me a 'paper jam' message.  But, the paper slips easily in and out of the printer. In fact it looks like it is loaded and ready to go.   Still the paper jam message pops up over and over and over again.

I am using Breathing color vibrant gloss.    It has some curl to it as it is on a 2" spindle, I have most of the curl out of the first few feet of paper.

It will load BC Pura Smooth which is a thicker and stiffer paper.  Also, canvas loads very well and prints great.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:35:08 pm by Pluminland »

Pluminland

Re: P800 will not load roll paper - paper jam message
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

It seems that  rolls the thicker papers load OK on the p800 but the thinner ones don't.  Could it be the 2 inch vs 3 inch cores? 

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Re: P800 will not load roll paper - paper jam message
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:32 am »

I sometimes get a paper skew message when trying to load roll paper, what I do is put my paper cutter on the printer feed the roll onto the cutter and cut the front edge making sure its perfectly square, this solves the issue. Maybe try cutting the front edge of the roll paper.
Is the roll free to rotate, if its binding even a bit it may appear jammed to the printer. Maybe roll some slack when loading.
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6
Pages: [1]   Go Up