Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR and Epson P800 only prints part of the picture  (Read 12233 times)

Pluminland

LR and Epson P800 only prints part of the picture
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:29:24 pm »

I am trying to print 16x20 prints on my new p800 using Lr v6.  Mac OS 10.12.4.   

Only the left half of the photo is being printed. And it is centered in the middle of the paper.   
LR shows me printing the entire photos on the sheet.  Yes, I have set the paper size to 16x20.   I have set LR to 1 column with a height of 20 in and a width of 16 inches.

Oh,  PhotoShop prints just fine. No problems.    So..  LR and the P800 must not be talking properly to each other.

Any thoughts on this?

aduke

Re: LR and Epson P800 only prints part of the picture
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 01:42:32 pm »

I have no problem printing 16 x 20 on my p800. However, since I am using 17" roll paper, the paper size would be set to 17 x 21.

Alan

Pluminland

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 01:49:48 pm »

I have no problem printing 16 x 20 on my p800. However, since I am using 17" roll paper, the paper size would be set to 17 x 21.

Alan

Eventually, I will probably use mostly roll paper, but for now I have lots of sheet paper.  I guess I could just export them to PS and print for PS, but I would think that LR and the P800 are both mature enough that there is a 'fix' for this issue.

CeeVee

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 02:07:22 pm »

I have seen this before. There's something wrong with the commands that your printer driver is sending to the printer. Check your printer defaults. Have you possibly set your page orientation to horizontal and you are sending a vertical image or vice versa?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Pluminland

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:15:16 pm »

I have seen this before. There's something wrong with the commands that your printer driver is sending to the printer. Check your printer defaults. Have you possibly set your page orientation to horizontal and you are sending a vertical image or vice versa?

The page orientation is correct, so are height and width measurement.     

Odd that PS gets it right, but LR can't.   

marilu

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 05:09:04 pm »

I had a similar problem once. I resolved it by going to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > choose your P800 as your default printer in the drop down menu at the bottom. I left the default paper size at A4. I was then able to print the full image (A2) from Lightroom without any problems. 

BradSmith

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 05:49:20 pm »

I believe this behavior may most often be caused by incorrect settings.  But I also believe it is a bug somewhere in the Mac/LR/Epson printing pipeline.  And the worst type of bug to figure out....absolutely intermittent and relatively seldom occurring.

I had this combo for nearly 8 years with an Epson 3800.  Zero problems for 5 years, then every couple months, I'd get only about a third of the width of an image to print.  Might happen 2 or 3 prints in a row.  Found suggestions on LULA never to use the print button in the lower part of the right hand panel of the Print Module.  Instead, after setting margins, profile, etc, click on Printer, then make final settings in the Epson driver window and print from there.  That worked.  For about 3 months.  Then it happened again several more times over the following 3 years.  My 3800 died and I replaced it with a P800.   Had it now for about a year.  I think I've had the behavior 3 times in this past year. 

Last week, I had a print order of 4 copies of 20 different images.  I made all image adjustments first, then began a very mechanistic, printing marathon.  About ⅔ of the way through the printing, the third of the four prints of one image did the partial strip print.  I simply put in the next sheet of paper, went through the identical button clicking routine and it printed fine.  And all of the remainder of the 80 prints were fine. 

Fortunately it hasn't become very common or persistent once it shows up.  I don't like it, but I just live with it.
Brad

pearlstreet

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 10:16:02 pm »

I recengly had this issue. Try unchecking paper size check in thd menu on the printer settings on the p800  lcd screen on the printer itself.

pearlstreet

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 10:25:15 pm »

You also need to uncheck "optimize enlargement" on the second page of printer settings in the epson dialog for page settings.

BradSmith

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 01:06:41 pm »

You also need to uncheck "optimize enlargement" on the second page of printer settings in the epson dialog for page settings.
Sharon,
I can't find "optimize enlargement".  Not in my P800 LCD screen or in my Mac Epson driver.  Is this a part of the Epson Driver for Windows? 
Brad

pearlstreet

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 04:22:33 pm »

Brad I'm away from my computer now and my memory.... but I do use windows. In Lightroom when I click printer it brings up the Epson printer dialogue and it's towards the bottom on the second tab. I think it's the layout tab.

pearlstreet

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/974151/Epson-Surecolor-P800.html?page=93#manual

This shows windows dialog. I'm not sure how it differs from a mac. I called Epson tech support - they were very helpful.

rdonson

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 11:38:58 am »

Here's a link to the portion of the manual that relates to the Mac
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/976705/Epson-Sc-P800.html?page=51#manual
Regards,
Ron

Pluminland

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »

If the Mac version of LR has an "optimize enlargement' setting, they have certainly hidden it well.   Has anybody found this on the Mac version of LR?

BradSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 07:15:59 pm »

"Optimize Enlargement"......I've never seen it on my Mac versions.  I think it must be a Windows Only thing.

TonyW

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 09:57:42 am »

"Optimize Enlargement"......I've never seen it on my Mac versions.  I think it must be a Windows Only thing.
Yes I believe it is a Windows only thing, , although not clear to me yet what it actually does!:

Page 93 of the Manual - Selecting Print Layout Options - Windows
Page layout bottom right above Show Settings button - Optimize Enlargement

EpsonĀ® SureColorĀ® P800 User's Guide

I only know this as I am considering this or the Canon equivalent for the future and have downloaded the manual

CeeVee

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 11:17:28 am »

A quick Google suggests that the "Optimize Enlargement" setting allows for printing a banner or a panorama on sheet stock when roll stock is not employed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up