Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outside  (Read 1442 times)

graeme

Outside
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:40:42 am »

I don't take many outdoor photos which are particularly interesting though I keep trying. ( I'm more of a shadowy interior guy ).

Would welcome comments on this one.

Graeme

OmerV

• Photographs
Re: Outside
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

Very nice. You should go out more.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »

I agree.
This would be quite lovely with just the upper two thirds, but the house and tractor remnant really make the image.
This makes a good case for Russ's argument that a good landscape needs the "hand of man" in it.

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

degrub

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:17:18 am »

i keep falling into this image.

BobDavid

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 12:51:48 pm »

This image begs to be printed and displayed.

graeme

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »

Thanks for the comments.

Don't worry , I get out quite a bit. I didn't learn to drive until I was 38 & I've never gotten to enjoy it so I mostly walk everywhere. I even have the camera with me a lot more these days. I've just haven't quite connected with taking outdoor / landscape photographs - I've never 'seen' well outdoors. I've been walking past the this view fairly regularly since 2003 but I only 'saw' it as an image last week.

Bob, I've made a test print on A4 ( about 8" x 11.5" ) & am quite pleased with it. The image is quite heavily cropped ( I had a 40mm lens on my crop frame Canon ) but I think I've got enough pixels to go up to A3 ( 11.5 x 16.5" ). Might have to wait though - my BW converted printer has just bitten me on the ass with a "Cartridge not recognised" message.

Graeme

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 10:23:40 am »

Hope you get past the printer problem, Graeme. As bob says, it deserves some wall space.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

graeme

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 06:52:52 pm »

Hope you get past the printer problem, Graeme. As bob says, it deserves some wall space.

Thanks Russ

You must have sent me some good vibes with that post: Just after reading it I managed to get the printer to recognise the cartridges. After a day & a half of messing around I was ready to give up.

I've just printed out a larger version on 330 x 430mm ( 13" x 17" ) matt paper & it looks pretty good

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:00 pm »

Really a beautiful and serene view.

Any thought to cloning out the poles along the top? I know they are "part of the scene" but perhaps not "part of the art" of the scene.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

graeme

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 07:27:28 pm »

Really a beautiful and serene view.

Any thought to cloning out the poles along the top? I know they are "part of the scene" but perhaps not "part of the art" of the scene.

Thanks Terry. I'm quite happy with the poles, it's a working landscape & they're just part of it.

I guess it depends on your personal aesthetic. As I said in another thread I grew up in a coastal town at the mouth of a river which had shipyards, coal terminals & a fishing fleet. I'm probably imprinted to be comfortable with the sight of industrial / utilitarian structures in the landscape.

I've never encountered true wilderness - I'm not sure what I'd make of it. ( I suspect that there isn't any wilderness in Great Britain until you get quite far up into Scotland ).

And I like wind turbines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up