Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: leaf aptus 75 split sensor-colorshift? for Jair..  (Read 37621 times)

pixjohn

leaf aptus 75 split sensor-colorshift? for Jair..
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 08:18:19 pm »

I agree 100%, this is a major problem.   I have been waiting about 4 -5 weeks for a replacement back. I even spoke with Leaf in Israel about this last night. I was originally  told I should have a new back in 2 weeks.  When I spoke to Leaf in Israel, they now have no time line. They are having a hard time finding sensors that do not create this problem. The problem sounds like it is with Dalsa, but Leaf is ultimately stuck with the problem.

ddolde

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 09:08:42 pm »

Sounds like a clear mandate for Phase One.    

I say this with no intention to buy either since I have had zero problems with 4x5 film   At least none that were not caused by me.

mkravit

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 09:27:51 pm »

I have received several emails from people who are having the same problem.

This evening one fellow mentioned that he purchased an Aptus 65, it had the centerfold issue, it has now been replaced by Leaf for the third time and the back still has the problem.

The problem also exists with the Aptus 22 but I really don't know to what extent. This is a huge problem, assuming that the info provided by leaf is correct and there are hundreds if not thousands of these backs with the centerfold defect.

Can Leaf recall them all? Replace them all?
How might this affect sales and service?

I am not sure where this is all going, but appears that from what people have told me Leaf know of this issue at the begining of the year and said nothing, issued no technical bulletin, and just continued to sell backs.

mkravit

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »

Sounds like a clear mandate for Phase One.   

I say this with no intention to buy either since I have had zero problems with 4x5 film   At least none that were not caused by me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76017\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doug, Phase their own set of issues.
I wouldn't even consider going there, you know the glass house thing.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 10:55:22 pm »

My replacement came in two weeks (arrived to Sept 1).  It still had the Centerfold issue, and added to that two large diffuse pink blotches (ala Phase One LCC for those of you who know what that looks like).  This is all fixed with the Gain Utility, so the problem in not any worse than the first back.  It seems that among this crowd, I might be one of the first to have received a replacement.  Apparently the people at Leaf headquarters did not know what they were looking for while testing the backs.  FYI,  The back works as it should with an H1 ... No Centerfold, and no color casts.  For anyone using a camera with a mirror box this is a non-issue... ( at least until you try to sell the Digi-back and have no way yourself to tell an architecture, landscape, or view camera shooter whether the back you are selling has the centerfold feature or not).

-Eric

Update... Apparently Leaf sent me the wrong back, during the Friday afternoon office jugling contest the one they sent me accidentally ended up in the good pile.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:03:37 pm by ericstaud »

KristerH

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 02:50:19 am »

Hello.
I have a Aptus 75 on a H2 camera.
I better test it a.s.a.p on a view camera to see if there is a problem.
Can someone who has the problem describe how to test for this problem.
Thanks.

Krister

Fritzer

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 11:07:28 am »

Hmm, that does sound like a serious issue .... It'd be interesting to hear some official comment on the matter.
What I find most disturbing is that a replacement can take up to two weeks; in such a case, I'd expect 24 hrs, 48 hrs tops .....

markowich

• http://www.peter-markowich.net
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 06:56:58 pm »

even after gain adjustment by the viennese leaf representative it turned out that   the centerfold problem showed up again. for me as a windows user 80% of the aptus 75 files are unusable. i hope thet leaf will exchange my back for a functioning one.
peter

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 07:28:04 pm »

for me as a windows user 80% of the aptus 75 files are unusable. i hope thet leaf will exchange my back for a functioning one.
peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76871\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought Leaf backs were Mac only? I checked the Leaf America site, and there's nothing listed for Windows. Can you please enlighten me?

Or maybe Leaf could give you a MacBookPro??

Kumar

pixjohn

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:31 pm »

You can open a Leaf .mos file on any pc with photoshop raw.

pixjohn

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 11:06:30 pm »

Any news LEAF. Have you guys found any backs that don't have the line? We need updates.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 11:13:48 pm »

Hi John,

I have not heard anything.  I call Rick once a week.  I will let you know as soon as I receive my replacement.  Please do the same.

Best Regards,

Eric

p.s. John:  I have posted over on the Leaf Forum about their support of DNG.  Could you contribute?  I am trying to gather momentum for having more portable and flexible metadata for archiving puposes with the Leaf files.

brumbaer

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 07:15:05 am »

For those with the centerfold problem try eMotionDng.

It will convert the mos file to an dng and, when the destich checkbox is marked, will remove the centerfold. The dng can be opened with ACR or Raw Developer. Give it a try.

http://www.brumbaer.com/Tools/Tools.html

Regards
SH

pixjohn

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 08:30:41 pm »

I received a new Aptus 75 to replace my Aptus 75 with the split screen line. On the good side I did get a very clean 30 sec exposure

See Sample of new back image.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:36:57 pm by pixjohn »

mkravit

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 09:06:50 pm »

I received a new Aptus 75 to replace my Aptus 75 with the split screen line. On the good side I did get a very clean 30 sec exposure

See Sample of new back image.

I am still wiating, it has been about 2 months maybe a bit more.
I have recently been told that Leaf is getting very close to a fix.

Your going to love this, I heard that there are Leaf Reps still telling people that this is an isolated problem that only 2 people worldwide have had, Leaf fixed the problem for them and all is well.

What is wrong with this picture?

Cautiously Optomistic

izaack

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:12 am »

Pixjohn, are these pictures from the new Aptus 75? I hope not because I see the centrefold line clear as day. I kid you not and I am using an IBM X40 laptop which does not have the greatest screen in the world.

pixjohn

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:18 am »

izaack, I was being a little sarcastic

mkravit

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 10:43:03 am »

AH! That must really suck big time. What is Leaf going to do now to 'solve' the problem for you?

I don't envy your situation. It is not kosher for Leaf to leave (pun intended) their customers to find out the problem on their own.

I'm gonna make like a tree...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79289\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have been told by Leaf that a fix be it firmware/hardware is still several months away. This is very concerning. The new Aptus S backs most probably will have the problem solved by Dalsa but they are also several months away before shipping from what I am told.

I am at the end of my rope.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 05:13:35 pm »

I see yaya (Yair) on this forum answering other questions but this one. Why is he NOT addressing this issue? It seems as if he is deliberately evading this problem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79349\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Give the poor guy a break, he's polite and helpful. No point in putting him between a rock and a hard place.
This issue should be directed straight at the main tech support team at Leaf, and their answer or non-answer posted here. Ask them whether their products are suitable for wide-angle photography with short-throw lenses.

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:17:27 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Caracalla

• http://
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 06:00:35 pm »

ATT:LEAF/Mr.Yair

Dear Yair

Please, re-read my previous posts and your answers from two months ago and let the Leaf Just Do It this time.

Perhaps, now you could see that Leaf is better of making their forum public. I personally new about the problems before Mr. Markovich posted his. However, this was in time when Michael was going to do the test with Leaf vs. Phase and I didn’t want to sound like I am in favor of the Phase One. So my dear Yair, let the Leaf forum be public it is much healthier for the business.

Yet again, I hope I’m not asking too much.

Your effort is highly valued and appreciated

Regards
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up